Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect - Great to non-functional

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect - Great to non-functional

We live in the Dallas area (Frisco, Plano). We used the 6 month free intro to Audi Connect. It worked great, fantastic for road trips. My wife likes to drive, so I'm available to browse or work. We liked it so much we signed a 3 year deal.

In the past couple of months its become basically non-functional. I can connect to wifi, and it shows full 3G signal, but I can't even open a web page on my phone or tablet. If I do ever get a page open, the next page times out. Forget trying a speed test, it times out.

We use voice look up on the map all the time. At present, it comes back with no connection available. It may work 10% of the time.

We'll get it in to Audi to check it out. But from looking at other threads they seemed clueless when it comes to connect.

Anyone seen this and resolved it? I wonder if it has something to do with moving from free to the 3 year contract?
Old 12-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting. I have had my 2014 for about a month now and I get the same behavior.3G can show full bars and I still get the "not connected" message when saying "Google Search".Then on the 3rd or 4th attempt..It works...I assume it to be the latest software as I just got back from my service department for an unrelated issue and it showed no updates needed.Also, my Sales Rep told me the new software allows you to say"Google Search" for the online destinations..It is irritating.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The few times this has happened to me, it's been because the APN or something got thrown off and I basically had to "reconnect" the connection. I equate it to my router at home sometimes needing to be reset, but as to why it's happening, no clue.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
The few times this has happened to me, it's been because the APN or something got thrown off and I basically had to "reconnect" the connection. I equate it to my router at home sometimes needing to be reset, but as to why it's happening, no clue.
I am having a terrible time as well. I get a "page cannot be loaded" 60% of the time. Here is the interesting part...on my way to work; it connects almost all of the time. On my way home, I rarely can get it to pull information. I wonder if there is a daily data limit? I tried to call T-Mobile but they were completely useless
Old 12-20-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same area...and I had some trouble with it recently too. However, I use a prepaid SIM (same t-mobile network)...but it was painfully slow.

Do you go to Audi Plano? I feel like service is hit or miss with them.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi

Do you go to Audi Plano? I feel like service is hit or miss with them.
Yes, we are using Boardwalk in Plano. So far so good, we probably have less than 15K on it so far.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Response

I called Audi, to make sure everything was OK with my Tmobile account. They say everything looks good.

They gave me instructions to do a soft reset.
Hold 3 keys down for a couple of seconds, the screen will reset (Control ****, menu button, upper right soft key). Wait until it comes back up. You should not loose any settings.
This is the first check, then calling TMo to see what is up.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

I hardly think this is an Audi problem. My Verizon MiFi does this once in a while. The signal strength is not an indication of network connectivity. Try to restart the connection and establish a new IP address if you can. This may be as simple as turning 3G off and back on, or you may want to pull the SIM card out, turn the MMI off, turn MMI back on after 2 minutes and then insert the SIM card to create a new connection. The techie term would be to "bounce" the router aka "restart."
Old 12-20-2013, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had intermittent issues as well, I have no faith in the accuracy of the 3G signal strength indicator as I used to have TMobile and the coverage was never as good as the signal strength indicated. My guess is 2 problems, TMobile and then whatever the Audi back end systems are so that actions time out and you get not connected or can't find page errors.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had trouble recently too. I live in Western NJ. I called Audi Connect today. They checked and all was well with my account. They instructed me to do a MMI 3 button reset - did not help. They transferred me to T-Mobile where I was instructed to pull the SIM card and leave the car for about 20 minutes then re-insert the SIM card. I guess this the cell tower reset a previous poster mentioned. It did NOT help. I too experience about 7 out of 10 connection failure and when it does find the internet only partial information loads - weather, gas, news or travel and I get mostly X boxes indicative of the page not loading. Very frustrating. I also get an "unstable wireless connection" message on my Samsung S4 when trying to connect wirelessly thru my A6. I haven't really paid much attention but I'm wondering if it's related to the recent MMI 715 update? I sure hope not - the Bose sound is outstanding after 715-2.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect - Great to non-functional