Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

VAG COM Changes - lap timer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default VAG COM Changes - lap timer

Verified that lap timer is enabled according the following:

[17 - Instruments][coding - 07]-> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 3 is checked. Latest VAG COM SW identifies this bit as the lap timer enable/disable bit.

I have not been able to find the lap timer under any of the DIS windows. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
So, anyone with a 2012 A6 have the lap timer enabled and been able to get it displayed? If so what did you do? And what version of MMI SW is installed?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dukeland
In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.
Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?
sorry, what I meant is that even if it shows in your DIS (which in my case did not) you need the driver assistant selector on the left side to make it work, which I do not have either
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_LapTimer.html

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: VAG COM Changes - lap timer