Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Looking for USA tire pressure door jamb Audi sticker part #...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Looking for USA tire pressure door jamb Audi sticker part #...

I am looking for the Audi part number for the USA factory tire pressure sticker mounted on the B pillar (driver's door jamb) for anything BUT an SQ5, where your Q5 is equipped with factory 255/45-20's. The part number is at the right side of the text--toward the "top" the way it is turned on the vehicle.

I suspect the number may be 8R0 010 502 BK (formerly BG). Any replies of part numbers on your actual sticker, including respective motor will be great. Post SQ5 ones if you want (though not what I'm looking for). We already know factually those SQ5 stickers are showing higher pressures than the rest of the Q5 20" 255 fitments. The stickers are also specific by tire size fitment, hence why I am trying to track down the proper number for this tire size.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

A8U for US market:

Name:  ScreenShot131_zpsb24d7b2b.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  57.9 KB
Old 09-23-2013, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That you now have a sticker that gives higher pressure is for a reason. Going back to the old sticker might mean that those advice pressures are lower. A low aspect ratio tire ( your 45% ) has written to high maximum load on the sidewall, a thing we users are not allowed to know, but now you do.
That is why high pressure is adviced in new advices, because that gives lesser deflection of the tire, wich is needed to prevent it from damage that in the end leads to a blow-out.
Comfort and gripp are totaly gone then.
Danger is that you use to low pressure for that tire,and its rewarded by an exelent grip and comfort, but at a sertain moment you have a blow out, with all the missery that goes with it.

I once got hold of the formula that the European tire makers use, and went running with it. Learned much about tirepressure in time and maximum load and reference-pressure. Also discovered this.
Search for Ford/Firestone affaire, there a somewhat different tire but also lesser deflection allowed then the tire maker used to determine the maximum load of tire.
It is the reason why in America, and from 2014 also in Holland (where I live) you must have TPMS in the car, and the high advices after 2000, also for tires that dont need it ( AR 80 to 65%).
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You don't follow what I'm doing/underlying reason I was asking

It has nothing to do w/ SQ5's or other pressure oddities; I'm not interested in that. I follow sidewall issues, tire and vehicle loading, XL ratings when relevant, speed (heat) relationships, etc.

Instead, it simply has to do with the factory pressure sticker and thus baseline recommendation used for various Q5 factory wheel and tire fitments in USA, whether 18", 19" or in this case 20", and whether 2.0T's, Hybrids, 3.0T's (ex. 3.2's) or now TDI'.s If you change from OE 19's to OE 20's in relevant sizes, it's kind of weird to still have a 19" pressure sticker on the door jamb, even if the owner's manual tells you what they should be. That's the reason.

I also recently found tire shops are increasingly going "by the book" on exactly what that sticker says when they work on the vehicles, as opposed to the greater spread from the owner's manual or that was seen/commonly used pre- the current sticker change/requirements in the US in 2007. Again, it the fitment actually on the vehicle (even if OE) varies, they go off in the wrong auto pilot direction after eyeballing the sticker. I prefer the prior Euro style of stickers that assume the owner has some greater knowledge of his vehicle and his driving style and requirements, but it is what it is as far as the lowest common denominator U.S. tire pressure stickers now used here.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 09-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

MP, are you suggesting the information on the B pillar sticker is different when compared to what's printed in the Owner's Manual for each car?

Name:  2012A6.jpg
Views: 3668
Size:  272.5 KB
Old 09-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 2014 3.0 S-line, it is specced at 33PSI cold for the 255/45 R20 101W tires, and yes--the part number you had is what is on mine.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, it wasn't my point, but actually yes there is an issue there too.

The picture by the way must be from some other manual. Those aren't Q5 tire sizes.

But meanwhile, the sticker on the door jamb only has a single pressure listed. Look at the manual, whether the Q5 actual one or the example one you posted. The manual has "normal" load and "full load"--obviously two numbers and two recommendations. When you compare the manual to the door, the door sticker will be the full load one only. That's the safety nanny gov't requirement since the Ford Explorer fiasco. My own experience with Audi's is I tend to run between the two, but it depends on the vehicle's driving dynamics and how I see tire wear over the miles.

But again back to my point and reason: simply, if you switch your wheels and tires from one diameter to another, but it is all OE factory (235/55-19 vs. 255/45-20's in my case), the door sticker is now wrong for what's on the vehicle. In even plainer and practical English, the optional 20" wheels for a Hybrid are a faux aero design that most people think look like crap, and as a practical matter are also difficult to even clean. Thus I got the generic alternate 19" "offroad" wheels (in my autosig) when I ordered, saved some option money and found a good deal on quasi take off 20" Q5 Audi Q5 OE S-line much better looking 5 spokes with OE Bridgestones in 255/45-20. The rules now require the manufacturer to sticker only the size the car was sold with, so for mine, 19's. Thus in moving from any diameter to another, the sticker becomes both irrrelevant and wrong for what's on the car, both because of the change and because the pressures themselves vary some across the tire sizes.

Before all this regulatory overlay in 2007, the stickers used to cover the range of wheels and tires spec'ed by the manufacturer (at least Audi's did). And, they gave you both the regular and full load specs on the sticker and actually thought the driver was mature enough to make a rational decision with the information. And by the way, that made it easier to deal with snows too if a factory size was used, since again diameters often change from snow to non snow in owner's choices.

Can we get back to my question: what are the Audi part numbers people see for the 20" factory door jamb stickers on non SQ's?

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 09-24-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
The picture by the way must be from some other manual. Those aren't Q5 tire sizes.

Can we get back to my question: what are the Audi part numbers people see for the 20" factory door jamb stickers on non SQ's?

The picture above is from a C6 V6 car. It shows all the wheels sizes, etc the car could be fit with from the factory. A pillar sticker won't show that.

Why not make this easier: ask somebody to post a scan (as I did above) from the Owner's Manual for a Q5 fitted with the engine you are concerned about? If it's somehow model year specific, say so.

FWIW, the B pillar stickers and the Owner's Manual data for our cars correspond exactly, but the Owner's Manual obviously has far more info.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I have found that the new stickers on us cars does not seem to have all the information one needs for tire pressures. They use to have two sets of pressures - one for regular use and then max loaded pressure. I think that us regulations have changed on what is on the sticker.

I never go by what the tire stores or dealers adjust the pressures to. I always check them (cold) when I get the car back. I have seen where some people have used the max rating on the tire sidewall to set the pressure. My personal settings have always been the min pressure from the car manual +2lbs. This seems to have given me max performance and wear on my cars for the driving style I have
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, again not my point. Why do we need so much debate for simple requests.

I have the Q5 owner's manual. It's a new car. I know what the pressures are for all the tire fitments from the manual table, and for that matter the yet higher SQ pressures. I've already posted on this board a bunch of times about a variety of deeper and historical issues around pressures, the regulatory history and other things around the whole subject. I just hoped someone could briefly look at a door jamb for a sticker part # for factory 20's on the various Q5 flavors out there.

Trying again to reduce it to lowest common denominator: if you put factory 20 take offs on your car that came with factory 19's, the door sticker is wrong now relative to the actual tire and wheel on the car, even if factory parts... It only covers 19's at 235/55 in that case. Sure I can look in the manual (where the numbers actually happen to line up), but it doesn't change the physical door sticker mismatch of the tire spec printed right there in the sticker for both front and rear. Meanwhile, yes I also know exactly the pressures I actually want/intend to run given the factory recommendations, driving style, loads I carry, etc., adjusted some over time as I see how the tread is wearing.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 09-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for USA tire pressure door jamb Audi sticker part #...