S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Any luck with estoril blue?

Old 12-21-2013, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any luck with estoril blue?

Hi, I'm looking to put an order in for a 2014 S4 and I love the Estoril blue color, by far my favorite color that is offered. My hesitation stems from the issues I've read about with the extreme care needed for this paint. Are there people out there with the color that have not had any problems? If I need to hand wash the car every time to avoid it looking awful I'll just pick another color.

My second choice would be the Volcano Red. Has anyone had any similar issues with that color?

Thank you!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Misano Red and so far so good. My last 2 S4s were Brilliant red. When I ordered my 2014, I had every intention to order the Volcano. There just happened to be a Volcano red A4 in the show room. Volcano is closer to burn orange than red. Although I bet the color looks different depending on the light source. Make sure you actually get to see an car with volcano paint before you place your order. Its entirely possible you will like the volcano.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have moonlight blue. The car was wrapped in plastics when on the lot. After dealer filled the tank and "detailed" the car, it has very fine swirl scratches on the clear coat everywhere. It seems either they have used dirty towel or the paint is just not very hard. Anyway, i just stopped paying attention to it after a few months. All cars get old anyway.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
I have the Misano Red and so far so good. My last 2 S4s were Brilliant red. When I ordered my 2014, I had every intention to order the Volcano. There just happened to be a Volcano red A4 in the show room. Volcano is closer to burn orange than red. Although I bet the color looks different depending on the light source. Make sure you actually get to see an car with volcano paint before you place your order. Its entirely possible you will like the volcano.
Thank you, I've seen the Volcano Red in person on an S5 and really liked the way it looked. I like that it is closer to orange actually. Thanks for the info though.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking up my ’14 Estoril Blue tonight!

Already told the salesman to make sure no one washes the car. He said the car has been sitting on his lot for over a month now and NEEDS to be washed as he refuses to deliver a new car without washing it. The car was fairly clean to my eyes, other than a few leaves stuck in between the trunk and the rear window, and on the hood/windshield. I told him they can just remove the protective vinyl stripes, and just rinse it down. But do NOT under ANY circumstances, lay a hand or a towel on it. It’s raining here today anyways. The car will be filthy by the time I get home anyways.

We shall see if he obliged….
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firstblood
I have moonlight blue. The car was wrapped in plastics when on the lot. After dealer filled the tank and "detailed" the car, it has very fine swirl scratches on the clear coat everywhere. It seems either they have used dirty towel or the paint is just not very hard. Anyway, i just stopped paying attention to it after a few months. All cars get old anyway.
You recieved the no extra cost "dealer applied swirl package" . Unfortunately, there are quite a few dealers who actually mess up the finish with their dealer prep. No excuse for it. I would make them fix it.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SPEEED

Already told the salesman to make sure no one washes the car. He said the car has been sitting on his lot for over a month now and NEEDS to be washed as he refuses to deliver a new car without washing it. The car was fairly clean to my eyes, other than a few leaves stuck in between the trunk and the rear window, and on the hood/windshield. I told him they can just remove the protective vinyl stripes, and just rinse it down. But do NOT under ANY circumstances, lay a hand or a towel on it. It’s raining here today anyways. The car will be filthy by the time I get home anyways.

Congrats, hope he obliged! Post pics when you get a chance as well.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEED

Congratulations - that makes a great Christmas present!
Hopefully the dealer follows your instructions .
Old 12-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately it does show wrinkles well....
Slid down a long hill to an embankment at the bottom. Then it was hit by 2 more cars while waiting to be towed. The last car that hit it was doing 30-35 went through 2 officers and 5 people missed everyone/thing to hit the S4 with my wife inside. Did I mention it had 250mi on it....

Name:  IMG_48441_zps77b57847.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  IMG_48581_zpsa37f5f3a.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  72.1 KB
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Difuser;24522033]Unfortunately it does show wrinkles well....
Slid down a long hill to an embankment at the bottom. Then it was hit by 2 more cars while waiting to be towed. The last car that hit it was doing 30-35 went through 2 officers and 5 people missed everyone/thing to hit the S4 with my wife inside. Did I mention it had 250mi on it....

I can only imagine how awful you must feel. At least you and your wife are alright.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any luck with estoril blue?