S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Launch control class action?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Launch control class action?

Seems like a more legitimate complaint than many class action lawsuits.

Audi both brags in advertising about C&D's 3.7 0-60 which required the use of launch control and also describes the operation of it in the owners manual without ever disclosing that the use is limited to 200 times.

One of our group is Phknlwyr.

What say you? Haven't we received less than was promised and incurred damages in the process?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no chance a stock s6 will do 3.7 0-60 and I would be hard pressed to think one could even get sub 4 seconds so I too am a little upset that Audi claimed that on commercials etc. I do also wish they would have disclosed in the owners manual that there is a LC limit, although I've only used 10% of my allotted LC
Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ecpChris
There is no chance a stock s6 will do 3.7 0-60 and I would be hard pressed to think one could even get sub 4 seconds so I too am a little upset that Audi claimed that on commercials etc.
Car and Driver posted that time. Are you claiming that AoA sent a ringer?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess if you want to experience a virtual unlimited number of launch control type performance you have to spend an additional $30,000 and spring for the RS7.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, could be that Audi sent a ringer. Could also be that C&D uses a 1 ft rollout. Could be both. To my knowledge, no one has been able to replicate the 1/4 mile ET and trap speed set by some magazines either.
If anyone follows other car platforms, the newest f10 BMW m5 has a "press tune" out that gives the car a slight power bump. I don't really have any doubt in my mind that car manufacturers all have "press tunes" that perform better than most real world cars. The majority of people who buy these cars are looking at these magazines to see how a car performs.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cagambler
Seems like a more legitimate complaint than many class action lawsuits.

Audi both brags in advertising about C&D's 3.7 0-60 which required the use of launch control and also describes the operation of it in the owners manual without ever disclosing that the use is limited to 200 times.

One of our group is Phknlwyr.

What say you? Haven't we received less than was promised and incurred damages in the process?
I would join in on one..I feel lied to and betrayed and naturally I will take a rs7 as compensation for my pain and suffering

Last edited by sciblades; 11-15-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Car and Driver posted that time. Are you claiming that AoA sent a ringer?
Audi absolutely produced a commercial that boast 3.7 secs!! Even though in small print they fall back on Car & Driver's reference, AoA has a bigger responsibility than advertising hear say claims. Show me one person in the US that has launched a stock C7 S6 and got a 3.7 sec 0-60. As stated in this thread, even in the best conditions, it seems you'd be hard pressed to get sub 4.

Obviously, it takes some accurate and calibrated equipment to measure exact start to 60 times and most consumers don't have that easily afforded to them like Car & Driver. That said, I sure would like to know the sub 4 sec times of those stock owners who had the proper equipment to measure down to the 10ths... on a strip or otherwise - please post the times in this thread and state the place, environment conditions and method of measurement (100% stock only).

I could have opted for/afforded the RS7... just saying AoA...

Last edited by Shredster; 11-15-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe C&D uses Vbox which is available to the public.

http://tothefloor.com/vbox-sale-the-...ce-on-the-net/
http://www.velocitybox.co.uk/
Old 11-15-2013, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RobC
I believe C&D uses Vbox which is available to the public.

http://tothefloor.com/vbox-sale-the-...ce-on-the-net/
http://www.velocitybox.co.uk/
At approximately $600, I'm not going to buy one to measure my stock S6 times but I'm sure people with stock S6s know people or tuners that have them. Let's have it folks... if you've got one or have access to one, post your stock C7 S6 0-60 times in the best conditions you find... no wind, lower altitudes, flat ground, cool'ish outside air temps, low-moderate humidity, good gas...
Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never used launch control (yet) but it really bothers me that a feature included by the manufacturer and described in the manual has a HIDDEN limit. I would have been more understanding if they stated the 200 limit in the manual. The owner who reached the limit already should have a solid legal case against Audi.

Quick Reply: Launch control class action?