S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Backup Camera Stopped Working and TPMS Recall?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup Camera Stopped Working and TPMS Recall?

A few days ago, my backup camera started flickering and then just stopped working altogether. Did a search on the forum and found a similar description of the problem for a Q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=rear+camera)

The backup camera would not activate at all in reverse for about a day and then it just started working again. Anyway, after I dropped my S4 off at the dealership this morning to have it checked out, was informed that there's a recall for the TPMS sensors. Don't have more details yet but will update after I get it back.

But still nothing for all the water pumps for those with 2010s, huh?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are no sensors on the '11s, I don't know about the '10s.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
There are no sensors on the '11s, I don't know about the '10s.
No sensors in the '10s, either. TPMS runs off the ABS sensors.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Sorry, I think SA may have said that there is a "TPMS recall for your car and we'll take care of it" and I misinterpreted that to mean "sensors". I guess I'll find out for sure when I get the car back.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same thing happen. Mine started working again after a few days. I noticed that it didn't work when I started the car but after a while it starting working. Apparently it is a battery issue that if you have LEDs installed or your startup battery is not full then it has a problem for a minute. The latest updated fixed it turning off but it still flickers. My Q5 does it too though
Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by k1speederS4
I had the same thing happen. Mine started working again after a few days. I noticed that it didn't work when I started the car but after a while it starting working. Apparently it is a battery issue that if you have LEDs installed or your startup battery is not full then it has a problem for a minute. The latest updated fixed it turning off but it still flickers. My Q5 does it too though
Latest update for? Mine happened when I arrived home after work and was backing into the garage so not at startup.

As for the "TPMS recall", apparently it was a software update for the MMI.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any further issues with your back up camera? I just had the flickering of my back up camera today - first time - only 770 km on it...

May I ask did you get the cable replaced as was the solution on the forum to which you referred? And if so/not, what's your situation now?

Cheers.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

mine started working after i restart engine.... happened 2 times on my 15K mile 2010 s4
Old 03-02-2011, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by surgeon
Any further issues with your back up camera? I just had the flickering of my back up camera today - first time - only 770 km on it...

May I ask did you get the cable replaced as was the solution on the forum to which you referred? And if so/not, what's your situation now?

Cheers.
First time I took the car in, the issue had gone away and the dealer didnt find any fault codes.

The next time, there were fault codes and I had recorded a video of the backup camera not working.

Ended up getting the rear view camera module replaced (not sure if that included the wiring harness).

I actually had to go in a third time to re-calibrate the rear view camera. Only knew it wasn't properly calibrated because of a VCDS fault. Turned out the dealer's calibration equipment was faulty and they had to borrow the equipment from another dealership!

Anyway, hope that helps and that you get yours repaired/replaced too!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zed 2.0
Does that mean I can buy a set of aftermarket wheels and winter tires and TPMS will keep working after the swap?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Backup Camera Stopped Working and TPMS Recall?