S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust

Considering a new exhaust. Anyone have first hand experience with both of these? The Milltek resonated looks like it's more expensive but also maybe better quality. I haven't heard either of these except on a video. I'm looking for a more aggressive exhaust note but nothing over the top.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have awe and I like it. have not heard Milltek in person. AWE is as they say... you can hear it when you take off and when you put your foot in it, but is quiet when cruising. Also, sounds good when you start the car and at idle.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just throwing it out there, but Magnaflow has an exhaust for the s6 as well that is half the price of AWE or Milltek. Lifetime warranty as well.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I have awe and I like it. have not heard Milltek in person. AWE is as they say... you can hear it when you take off and when you put your foot in it, but is quiet when cruising. Also, sounds good when you start the car and at idle.
^this pretty much sums it up for me as well.

I also preferred the AWE for the Diamond Black exhaust tips option.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen a couple of posts saying that 4-cylinder mode is disabled if the connectors on the stock exhaust are disconnected. Can anyone with an AWE exhaust confirm or deny?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am not sure about this. I believe you plug something into the connectors that is supplied by AWE when installing the exhaust.

I don't know how to tell for sure that I am in 4 cyl mode, but I read a while back that when you are looking at the fuel economy screen that the line will turn from grey to green when it enters 4 cylinder mode. Mine still does this. Does that mean it is still going to 4 cyl mode? not sure. Do the plugs make it seem like the valves are still connected? not sure.

Just a few non definitive thoughts on the topic. :-)
Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I don't know how to tell for sure that I am in 4 cyl mode, but I read a while back that when you are looking at the fuel economy screen that the line will turn from grey to green when it enters 4 cylinder mode. Mine still does this. Does that mean it is still going to 4 cyl mode? not sure. Do the plugs make it seem like the valves are still connected? not sure.
Yes, if the fuel economy bar turns green, then it's in 4-cylinder mode. I would guess that the AWE-supplied plug fools the ECU into thinking it is still properly connected.

Follow-up question: Have you noticed any undesirable sounds when in 4-cylinder mode (drone, booming, etc.)?

Many thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ecpChris
Just throwing it out there, but Magnaflow has an exhaust for the s6 as well that is half the price of AWE or Milltek. Lifetime warranty as well.
ecpChris, Do you have the Magnaflow? If so what are your thoughts? By all means I'd consider it as well. What's the cost on their exhaust.

Also, I checked with AWE and 4 cyl. mode still works with their unit. From the websites, they are the only ones that make a HP/TQ increase statement.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would consider MTM, ABT or Supersprint before either AWE or Milltek.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the AWE exhaust and could not be happier. As previously posted its quiet at highway speeds but sounds great at startup, idle, and when you put your foot down. Fit/finish is superb. I do not notice a difference in 4 cyl mode. There is a small blip when you accelerate from cruising speed but I think it sounds pretty cool. My local Audi dealer installed it for $299 labor cost.. All of the service guys love the sound and were impressed with the quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AWE vs. Milltek Exhaust