Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

<<< Let's take a fun Poll >>> Who here has already done Audi's Euro Delivery?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default <<< Let's take a fun Poll >>> Who here has already done Audi's Euro Delivery?

Would love to see what you picked up, when you went, where you went, and do you still have your car you picked up.

I think this would make for some interesting reading for folks who have already done it and for the ones who haven't but are thinking about it, . It would also serve as a good resource for potential participants...I'll even start. :-)

We picked up our Q7 back in Dec. 2006 and even lucked out to be the first participants to the program. We started our trip by taking in Munich the first couple of days before our Monday morning delivery time. After delivery we spent an extra day taking in The Audi Driving Experience where we took out an S8 for the day (even managed 150 mph on the A9 headed north out of Ingolstadt). After 2 days in Ingolstadt we headed east and spent 5 days in Prague and totally enjoyed ourselves. From ere we drove back into Germany and spent 3 days in Nuremberg taking in the famous Chistmas market. Then we headed down into Switzerland and stayed in Zermatt for another 3 days and skied under the shadow of the Matterhorn.

It was an experience of a lifetime and we are looking forward to doing it again in the near future
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the ED in October 2009 -- picked up a 2010 S5.

Overall, a great experience, which is why I'm planning to do it again this August, to pick up an A7.

After getting the car, I drove up north to the quaint town of Bamberg, then on to Heidelberg and into France, ultimately ending up in Paris.

This time, after spending a few days in Munich, I'll pick up the car and the itinerary will be south into Austria (near Innsbruck), through Oberammergau (to check out Neuschwanstein castle once again), then west to Lindau and along the north coast of the Bodensee, then into France, exploring the countryside near Alsace and ending up in Paris once again.

I've done something close to this itinerary in reverse a few years ago, and it was great.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'll probably do an ED on my next S4. Did the factory tour in 2010 and missed my car going out by a little over a week. Not like I could have seen it anyway, but would've been cool to know it was in house when I was there.

The only downside to Audi's ED program is the upfront prepays (something like 20% of the total cost). I know that comes back to you when the car gets to the US, but that is a decent chunk of money to have tied up for a few months.

Maybe the program has changed and they are more streamlined like BMW's nowadays though.

In any event, I had such a great time driving the Autobahn and on the trip in general that I will seriously consider doing it next time around.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A4 n00b
I'll probably do an ED on my next S4. Did the factory tour in 2010 and missed my car going out by a little over a week. Not like I could have seen it anyway, but would've been cool to know it was in house when I was there.

The only downside to Audi's ED program is the upfront prepays (something like 20% of the total cost). I know that comes back to you when the car gets to the US, but that is a decent chunk of money to have tied up for a few months.

Maybe the program has changed and they are more streamlined like BMW's nowadays though.

In any event, I had such a great time driving the Autobahn and on the trip in general that I will seriously consider doing it next time around.
I herd you.
Done BMW ED and really was looking to Audi ED for wife Q5...
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did the European Delivery for my S5 back in November 2009.

Took it north to Bamberg (quaint town), then Heidelberg (another quaint town), into a corner of the Black forest, then on into France and ultimately to Paris.

I'm scheduled to do it again for my A7 in mid-August. This time I'll head south and into Austria (near Innsbruck), then west toward the Bodensee, travel across the northern shore of the Bodensee, then into France and into Paris by way of Versailles.

Can't wait to begin that trip, which will start with an extra day in Munich (what a great town).
Old 07-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by K2audi
Would love to see what you picked up, when you went, where you went, and do you still have your car you picked up.

I think this would make for some interesting reading for folks who have already done it and for the ones who haven't but are thinking about it, . It would also serve as a good resource for potential participants...I'll even start. :-)
I was working this spring in Freiburg i.Br.
My wife and I picked up our A-3 TDI automatic on May 4 and looped through southern Germany, plus a comically failed attempt to visit Salzburg on a terribly rainy day when the center of town was closed off because of the Salzburg Marathon and there were no Mozart concerts in town anyway. Then from Frieburg up to Uppsala, Sweden (a really interesting place to go) and back, eventually dropping the car off in Frankfurt. It should get to our place in Ark. soon.
Check out the Audi Factory tour in Ingolstadt, if you care about how cars are made, even if you are not buying a new one.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kgall
I was working this spring in Freiburg i.Br.
My wife and I picked up our A-3 TDI automatic on May 4 and looped through southern Germany, plus a comically failed attempt to visit Salzburg on a terribly rainy day when the center of town was closed off because of the Salzburg Marathon and there were no Mozart concerts in town anyway. Then from Frieburg up to Uppsala, Sweden (a really interesting place to go) and back, eventually dropping the car off in Frankfurt. It should get to our place in Ark. soon.
Check out the Audi Factory tour in Ingolstadt, if you care about how cars are made, even if you are not buying a new one.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Some of us are so bad at photography that a word is worth a thousand of our pictures.

Anyway, I other cool places we visited in Germany would include Bremen, Quedlinberg and surroundings, the Alte Oper in Frankfurt for classical music fans, and the Zugspitz cable car in the Alps at Garmisch (sp?).
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We picked our Q5 in March this year and couldn't be happier with the experience! Our family of 4 was well taken care of from the morning of when we were picked from the Kempinski hotel in Munich to when we finished the day. There is a great section for kids in the Audi Forum with race track simulators complete with Audi seats and the real steering wheel. The entire delivery process was meticulous and factory tour was great. We saw the Audi museum and my kids actually had a great time just because the cars and motorcycles were that impressive.

From Munich we went to Berchtesgaden which is at the border of Austria. It's a must stop place given its natural beauty. The city is in the foothills of Watzmann mountains and there is an incredible lake called Lake Konigssee. It is said to be the cleanest lake in Germany. We went to Salzburg and then back into Germany to go to Fussen which has the famous Neuschwanstein castle that was the inspiration behind the Walt Disney castle at Magic Kingdom. The final few days were in Switzerland in the Lucerne area which is one of our favorite spots in Switzerland and a quick trip to Rhine Falls in Germany. We dropped off our car in Zurich a week after we picked it up. It took 7 long weeks for it to arrive in Atlanta. Overall a great experience that I would love to repeat at some point in the future. Here's the picture from the top of Mt. Pilatus in Switzerland.
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Our A-3 on Fuerstenbergstrasse in Freiburg

OK, so here's a picture of our European delivery red A-3 TDI on Fuerstenbergstrasse in Freiburg, Germany, about 10 days after we picked it up in Ingolstadt in early May. The building all the way in the background (directly behind the car, peeking out between some trees) is the Max Planck Institute for Criminal Law (actually it has a much longer name), where I was doing research this winter and spring. My wife and I lived on this street as well.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: <<< Let's take a fun Poll >>> Who here has already done Audi's Euro Delivery?