Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

If you conceal a weapon, where do you put it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you conceal a weapon, where do you put it?

So I keep a gun in my car at all times. It's a compact 9mm, and stays in an inner waste band holster. In previous vehicles, I would put it in the center console and it holds pretty good. In the 2014 q5, the center console is a bit up from closing, and you can make it out. More importantly, I can't make it not move around when driving.

The glove box is what I use now, but I rather the passenger not be able to get to it as easy, but I do want to access it easy.

So, now I'm looking at other places, maybe in small cases in the drivers door...some kind of pocket I can do in the front drivers seat...I'm not sure yet. Anyone else carry a weapon and if so, where do you store it?
Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I carry small and superlight. Typically a P32 KelTek (lightest auto made) at 6.6 oz. or a S&W AirLite 342 Ti 38+P at 12 oz., in an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster. I just drop it in the door compartment. Nice and handy.

The RS4 has a document slot under the steering wheel. In that car I have a dedicated car gun, a Walther PPK-S in a thumb-break holster.

Do I need them? Probably not. What am I afraid of? Absolutely nothing! Sorry if this post pisses off any gun grabbers.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think you could Velcro a holster to the underside of the seat.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Maybe something like this

Old 02-07-2014, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Maybe something like this

No good - I'm a lefty
Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I EDC as a professional, and have been looking into a good solution; haven't found one yet. While driving, it's holstered on my belt. But I haven't found a great solution to 'vault' it in the Q5 when I need to (court house, Post Office, etc) or have a backup. Currently I'm using a cabled NanoVault in the trunk area, with a folded beach towel on top of it.

I haven't come across a more discreet gun safe that can be bolted down into a Q5 without over taking the trunk area. Anyone with leads is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
Call me a "gun grabber" if you like, but that picture scares the *fornication* out of me.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by amstrad
Call me a "gun grabber" if you like, but that picture scares the *fornication* out of me.
Me too, that's why I live in Mass.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I carry small and superlight. Typically a P32 KelTek (lightest auto made) at 6.6 oz. or a S&W AirLite 342 Ti 38+P at 12 oz., in an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster. I just drop it in the door compartment. Nice and handy.

The RS4 has a document slot under the steering wheel. In that car I have a dedicated car gun, a Walther PPK-S in a thumb-break holster.

Do I need them? Probably not. What am I afraid of? Absolutely nothing! Sorry if this post pisses off any gun grabbers.
I just love your post so much I wanted to repost it! I definitely will not debate the gun issues here on the forum but your post just made me smile. The RS4 is my favorite Audi and the fact that yours has it's own PPK-S is just plain awesome!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by amstrad
Originally Posted by Parsec
Me too, that's why I live in Mass.
This was just a little joke on my part.

This is a forum for cars, not for weapon

Last edited by spijun; 02-07-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply: If you conceal a weapon, where do you put it?