Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Very slow navigation voice and input

Old 01-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very slow navigation voice and input

Folks,

Just picked up my 2013 A6 3.0T in CT this morning and drove it back to NY. What a car. Only problem is that there is obviously something wrong with the navigation. Inputting characters into address search can sometimes take 15 seconds to process after I input a number. So if I want to type in 12866 I hit 1, wait 10, hit 2, wait 10 seconds, etc. Same thing with street names and numbers. Also, the turn by turn voice is way slow. She stutters in mid sentence, and then after I've made the turn she'll tell me to make the turn when I'm already a half mile down the road.

Anyway not the end of the world, but obviously not the way it's supposed to be and needs to be addressed. Anyone heard of this issue and know what must be done to fix it?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

This does not sound at all normal. I have never used voice input, but the other slowness, epecially with regard to the directions voice sounds way off. Perhaps a call to the dealer to see if there is a reboot you can peform short of having to go back there. Others here may well have better reponses. Good luck in any event. It is a great car, normally.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned

That happened to me on a loaner A7 when I popped in my pre-paid Tmobile GSM chip for Audi Connect.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Try an MMI reboot. It's in the manual but here it is:

Simultaneously press MENU+center control ****+upper right function button briefly. MMI will shut down and then restart. I've found that, as a computer, sometimes the software gets "confused" and this will often help - I've probably had to do it 5 or 6 times in the last 19 months of ownership. If that doesn't work, you've got a bigger issue.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Try an MMI reboot. It's in the manual but here it is:

Simultaneously press MENU+center control ****+upper right function button briefly. MMI will shut down and then restart. I've found that, as a computer, sometimes the software gets "confused" and this will often help - I've probably had to do it 5 or 6 times in the last 19 months of ownership. If that doesn't work, you've got a bigger issue.
Unfortunately the reboot did nothing. Looks like I'll need to bring her in to the dealer for a software update or something.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It could be a faulty MMI Control Module. Should be covered under warranty.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gonna call the dealer this week and schedule an appointment. Funny I woulda thought they tested all that as part of the CPO program...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by streetspped
Gonna call the dealer this week and schedule an appointment. Funny I woulda thought they tested all that as part of the CPO program...
Forgive me for my skepticism, but a CPO'd 2013? I'd be terrified of such a car - did CarFax list it as a "fleet vehicle" by any chance?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Forgive me for my skepticism, but a CPO'd 2013? I'd be terrified of such a car - did CarFax list it as a "fleet vehicle" by any chance?
I'll have to check the CarFax again when I get home. What difference does it make what it is? Why would a CPO 2013 be a problem? 100,000 mile warranty is what it is - I don't care what it was used for if it's going to be fixed for free for the next 6 years.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by streetspped
I'll have to check the CarFax again when I get home. What difference does it make what it is? Why would a CPO 2013 be a problem? 100,000 mile warranty is what it is - I don't care what it was used for if it's going to be fixed for free for the next 6 years.
i think during CPO, there is deductible for warranty work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very slow navigation voice and input