A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Low discounts on the A7

Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low discounts on the A7

Shopped a couple of dealers in Northern Virginia, and the most I got was 3% off on the A7. I was told its a low production car and they don't have a big margin etc. I get that, but still 3% sounds low. Right?
Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

If in the US or Canada and you can't do better on your own, join the Audi Club of North America (ACNA). They have a 6% off retail program for most new Audis including the A7 - most dealers participate. If you're not in a hurry, there's a 6 month membership period to qualify or you can purchase a lifetime membership ($750) if you need the car now. (Audi invoice is 7% off list plus freight).

Dealers are usually ok with the ACNA discount program as they are reimbursed by Audi for 2% of the 6%, resulting in a net 4% discount out of their own pocket but 6% off to you.

Last edited by snagitseven; 12-06-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Others have done 5 or 6% off msrp. It depends on the dealer and what you are looking at. I bought a 2012 A7 in Dec of 2012 for 4k under invoice. Deals are out there.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Even without audi club, I think 5% is achievable - maybe 7-7%. That being said, is a very popular car with limited inventory
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Meant 6-7%
Old 12-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Puzz
Shopped a couple of dealers in Northern Virginia, and the most I got was 3% off on the A7. I was told its a low production car and they don't have a big margin etc. I get that, but still 3% sounds low. Right?
I'm running into the same frustration in NOVA. I'm getting really discouraged by the trash fees and dealer attitudes. Note to new-car sales staff: You are NOT doing me a favor by "finding" a car in the color I want but the equipment is not what I desire. I'm going to expand my search into Maryland, Pennsylvania and south, towards Richmond.
I once made a deal on a Lexus, over the phone, in 30 minutes. The first time I met the salesman was in my driveway when he delivered the car and brought the paperwork. Audi dealers could learn a lot from Lexus.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys. Perhaps the market is hot here in the DC metro or we have real low volume Audi dealers. Either way there doesn't seem to be lot of negotiation room. And I like to get a good deal I I might try NY/NJ, they have high volume dealerships for most and I go there on business quite often.

If someone has a good reference for a good dealer and/or salesperson in the DC metro, please post it here. Will be much appreciated.

From what I read the grace period is not being waived for lifetime members any more. But I will check on it anyway.. Thanks
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puzz
Back in October 2012 I received a 10% discount (including the $1,500 conquest).

As noted by others, the ACNA discount provides 6% . Can you get the conquest on top of this?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on my experience this Fall with Chicagoland Audi dealers, 3% sounds legit. The bad news for negotiation is, the A7 is a low volume car. The good news for ego/resale is, the A7 is a low volume car.
You could try to get a Maserati Ghibli, but I think it also gets up to $80k+ when you get comparable bells/whistles.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Back in October 2012 I received a 10% discount (including the $1,500 conquest). As noted by others, the ACNA discount provides 6% . Can you get the conquest on top of this?
I received the conquest discount on top of the suppliers discount... Total was almost 10% off in NJ in August when I ordered

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low discounts on the A7