A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?

Old 10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?

I am looking at a 2009 with approximately 10k miles on it. Car is a 9.5/10, small scratch on a piece of interior trim and a small scuff on the rear bumper that I can probably get out with some compound.

Initially I thought there was no way I would purchase a loaner car because people like me beat on them when the opportunity arises. But, everything looks and sounds great plus it is CPO, so 6 years 100k miles peace of mind.

Assuming price is right, does my CPO rationale make sense? Would you buy?

Also....if you have read this far I may as toss in one more question. What do you think is a decent price? 2009 Premium with iPod, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats. They are asking $30,500. I'm thinking $27k, am I crazy?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I don't trust CPO after seeing my lease end B7 became another CPO sitting on the dealer's lot with the same unfixed not so obvious defects. I don't even know how the dealer did the "inspection".
Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badulla
I am looking at a 2009 with approximately 10k miles on it. Car is a 9.5/10, small scratch on a piece of interior trim and a small scuff on the rear bumper that I can probably get out with some compound.

Initially I thought there was no way I would purchase a loaner car because people like me beat on them when the opportunity arises. But, everything looks and sounds great plus it is CPO, so 6 years 100k miles peace of mind.

Assuming price is right, does my CPO rationale make sense? Would you buy?

Also....if you have read this far I may as toss in one more question. What do you think is a decent price? 2009 Premium with iPod, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats. They are asking $30,500. I'm thinking $27k, am I crazy?

Thanks,
Dan
I've come across a few nice CPO's too, but the closer I looked at them, the more flaws jumped out. I know this is subjective and everyone has different priorities with their car usage, but for me there is nothing better than new and the peace of mind that comes with it.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV A4
I've come across a few nice CPO's too, but the closer I looked at them, the more flaws jumped out. I know this is subjective and everyone has different priorities with their car usage, but for me there is nothing better than new and the peace of mind that comes with it.
Depends on the car. Mine was a "buyer's remorse" type deal. The guy drove it for 2800 miles and then traded it in for a Q5 because the A4's driving position hurt his leg. His loss was my savings. Couldn't even tell the car was used.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Peace of mind clarification

Originally Posted by tubi
No, I don't trust CPO after seeing my lease end B7 became another CPO sitting on the dealer's lot with the same unfixed not so obvious defects. I don't even know how the dealer did the "inspection".
The peace of mind wouldn't be that they have looked it over and certified it, more that I have the warranty so that when I find issues they fix and pick up the tab. I agree that the process to certify a car is probably minimal.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

have them make you a deal, money talks.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I would not be inclined to buy a "loaner" even if CPO'd

While I like to believe that the majority of folks treat borrowed loaner cars with respect, there is a core of Audi drivers that, obviously, treat the loaners they receive as a opportunity to:

Do things to an Audi that they would NEVER do to their own Audi.

and/or

Take their own service frustrations out on the dealers equipment.

I'd buy a rental car from Hertz sales before I'd buy an Audi service loaner. Well....no....not really, but it's a pretty close call.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never. Watch 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' if you've never seen it.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might add some dealers and authorized body shops are not honest when it comes to collisions. I was involved in a bad collision once. The captive lease company just told me to repair the car back to the original condition at an authorized body shop. The collision never showed up on CarFax and I bet they sold the car as a spanking new CPO to the next unsuspecting customer.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Never buy one. Worse than buying a rental car...because most people driving loaners are having prolonged car problems and probably take out their frustration with the dealer on the loaner car. They are the most abused cars out there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?