Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A few questions about my new A6

Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default A few questions about my new A6

1) I made a big mistake posting what I thought were my new A6’s software and NAV versions.
After re-checking today I see that I have:
• MMI software: HNTR_US_AU_P0609
• NAV: 8R0060884BA NAR 5.7.3
Does anyone know if these are the latest or do they need to be updated?

2) It seems to me that there are no front fog lights, only rears. I had a 2010 A6 and this had both front & rear fog’s as well as DRL’s. I suspect that now the DRL's are in effect the front driving or fog lights, thus there are only controls for the rears. Please let me know what you think.

3) The power (I hate to be redundant but I’m old) windows seem a lot slower than those on my 2010 A6. It doesn’t bother me; I just want to know if this is OK.

4) The dealer gave me a CD or DVD with all the paperwork – anyone have any idea what this is for?

5) The black headliner totally changes the appearance of the interior – I love it. In fact, I was looking at a few more equipped A6’s the dealer had with the light silver and they looked pukey so I went with this car. It totally changes how I feel behind the wheel of my fourth Audi in the last 6 years. The light grey INHO totally trashes the classy Audi interior – I just couldn’t get it now that something better is available.

Thanks guys

New car:
2013 A6 2.0 TQ P+, side assist, cold weather, Quartz Grey

Last edited by irenesbob; 12-20-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: error
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
1) I made a big mistake posting what I thought were my new A6’s software and NAV versions.

2) It seems to me that there are no front fog lights, only rears. I had a 2010 A6 and this had both front & rear fog’s as well as DRL’s. I suspect that now the DRL's are in effect the front driving or fog lights, thus there are only controls for the rears. Please let me know what you think.

3) The power (I hate to be redundant but I’m old) windows seem a lot slower than those on my 2010 A6. It doesn’t bother me; I just want to know if this is OK.

4) The dealer gave me a CD or DVD with all the paperwork – anyone have any idea what this is for?
Thanks guys

5) The black headliner totally changes the appearance of the interior – I love it. In fact, I was looking at a few more equipped A6’s the dealer had with the light silver and they looked pulley so I went with this car. It totally changes how I feel behind the wheel of my fourth Audi in the last 6 years. The light grey INHO totally trashes the classy Audi interior – I just couldn’t get it now that something better is available.

New car:
Bob,

1) Yes, you have the latest software. Most of us are on 0566 or earlier. The 0609 software is just now being released for updating for the rest of us.
2) If you have a button above the rear fog lamp button, this activates small diamond shaped lights adjacent to the DRL that point down and to the sides and are called "all weather" lights. Not sure if you have those though.
3) The windows move a bit slower than did my 2001 A6 and 2002 allroad but are about the same speed as my 2009 A4.
4) The DVD is an in car manual of sorts. Pop it in the DVD slot and take a look. IMO about as useful as the upper console sunglass holder (if you have one). The paper manuals are far more detailed and comprehensive.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I guess the 2010 A6 was a transitional model holding onto some of the older features while reaching out to the newer technologies. Example: the new car must be on the AUTO light switch position for any of the delayed headlight turn-off and other features to be in effect. Not so the 2010. Also, the DRL's on the 2010 were separate from the front fogs - now it seems they are the same.
Dynamically the 2013 is far superior even after only one day. The 2010 felt so nose heavy with the V-6, the 4 cylinder feels much better and to me not noticeably slower in the ranges I tend to use.
Again, though, the black headliner is the major improvement - that alone was worth ending my lease 11 months early. I could have nightmares thinking of the previous ugly light grey they used - silly Audi.
I don’t think I have the all-weather lights - just wish I had dedicated fog/driving lights - it looked so cool having three different lights on

Last edited by irenesbob; 12-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5) The black headliner totally changes the appearance of the interior – I love it. In fact, I was looking at a few more equipped A6’s the dealer had with the light silver and they looked pukey so I went with this car. It totally changes how I feel behind the wheel of my fourth Audi in the last 6 years. The light grey INHO totally trashes the classy Audi interior – I just couldn’t get it now that something better is available.

Thanks guys

New car:
LED DRLs function as fog lights. Work pretty good as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks - that is what I thought and they do work well.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1)

New car:
My first post on this forum, and it my wife's car--I did get to drive it once to the grocery store and back!

When we picked up the car two days ago, we went over the lights. The fog lights are apparently in the same area as the main head lights, but point more downward. At first we were looking below the "bumper"--and we were told those are the adaptive cruise control sensors--not fog lights as we anticipated.

Great car, and we love it!