Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Still can't get Interior Lights (VCDS mod) added to facelift ('14) Q5 (spijun help!?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Still can't get Interior Lights (VCDS mod) added to facelift ('14) Q5 (spijun help!?)

spijun,
Thanks for your post here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=10

I have now switched 3 things:

Enable Ambient Interior Lighting Control
[Hidden menu] [car] [carmenuoperation] [interior light] Set to 5
[Hidden menu] [car] [cardevicelist] [interior light] Enable
[Hidden menu] [car] [carbusassignment] [interior light] Set to CAN Komfort (for 2013-2014)
Reset MMI

I see "Interior Lights" in the Car Systems menu, but it is grey'd out so I can not select it.

What am I missing?

PS - how are you doing screen captures of the MMI? I've seen these elsewhere and wondered the same:
Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hijack, but how is the Q5 interior at night? My mom's cayenne has a nice LED lighting package that you don't feel like you're getting into a dark dark car. Is the Q5 nicely lit? I can't seem to find any pictures of the interior lighting...
Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark, what does the interior lighting mode do? FYI I just replaced all stock interior light bulbs with LEDs. Looks awesome and much brighter than stock.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by koobah
Mark, what does the interior lighting mode do? FYI I just replaced all stock interior light bulbs with LEDs. Looks awesome and much brighter than stock.
Where did you get the LEDs? Easy to replace? Any reference guide?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004
Where did you get the LEDs? Easy to replace? Any reference guide?
Very easy to replace. Tunerdomes. Highly recommended. Great cust service.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Leaves on the interior footwell lights at night (when interior button lights are on), I believe.

This is how my in-law's Passat TDI (current generation) is by default.

Also, the 2014 has LED lighting already. So Kaitlyn, no need to change. I'll try to get some night pictures of other lighting soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
Leaves on the interior footwell lights at night (when interior button lights are on), I believe.

This is how my in-law's Passat TDI (current generation) is by default.

Also, the 2014 has LED lighting already. So Kaitlyn, no need to change. I'll try to get some night pictures of other lighting soon.
Oh yea? nice! Looking forward to even more photos from you
Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there a mod that turns on the interior lights when you first turn off the engine ?

My A3 had this as stock, but my Q5 interior lights only come one when I open the door.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
Hmm... the only LEDs my 2014 SQ5 had were footwell and license plate. All other incl Dome, reading, glove box, trunk and puddle were standard yellow bulbs.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Hmm... the only LEDs my 2014 SQ5 had were footwell and license plate. All other incl Dome, reading, glove box, trunk and puddle were standard yellow bulbs.
My apologies, as I started this thread about the VAGCOM Interior Lighting, I was only referring to the lights which apply to that mod. I believe those to only be the footwell lights, which as you confirmed are LEDs. I did not mean to, and wasn't, referring to any of the other lights. I agree with you those others are all standard incandescents. That's assuming you're referring to the lights under the doors as "puddle lights". What do you call the lights under the side mirrors? Those are LED, right?

Quick Reply: Still can't get Interior Lights (VCDS mod) added to facelift ('14) Q5 (spijun help!?)