A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Service and handling fee of $699 on CPO 2012 A7

Old 10-04-2013, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service and handling fee of $699 on CPO 2012 A7

I got a internet sales quote for a A7-2012. 62K with 9K miles, 20"sports, innovation, bang, driver assist packages. Dealer tells me I have to pay $699 for a service and handling fee.

I told her that you should make your money on the sale price of the car not by adding on fees. She said that she paid it on her cars (whatever).

The only other fee is $340 for title tags license fee.

I did a google search on this specif fee and didnt come up with anything. Am I making a big deal on this fee? Is this something everyone pays?

TO me service and handling is like for delivery a item or something I just don tunderstand what this cost means or why should I pay it.

i know there are doc fees but i never saw a service and handling fee, but then again i havent bought any cars before.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's also known as Additional Dealer Mark-up. If the price, including this fee, is still at or lower than your perceived value for the car, then go ahead and don't sweat it. Otherwise, negotiate a lower price on the car and let them add their "mandatory" fee. In the end, the out-the-door price is the important thing.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

That is absurd esp given what they charge guys on trade in. I have a 2012 audi a7 prestige with the adaptive cruise control and hearing what they're trying to charge you am almost tempted to sell the car.. Either way seems a lot of money for a 2012 model ... Just my opinion for what it's worth
Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Max audi
That is absurd esp given what they charge guys on trade in. I have a 2012 audi a7 prestige with the adaptive cruise control and hearing what they're trying to charge you am almost tempted to sell the car.. Either way seems a lot of money for a 2012 model ... Just my opinion for what it's worth
That's an $80k car...you think $62k is too much for a car with 9k miles? I think that's a fair price! But tell them to stick their service charge!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the price of the car is fair, but the fee is Completely a ripoff.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by robismyname
I got a internet sales quote for a A7-2012. 62K with 9K miles, 20"sports, innovation, bang, driver assist packages. Dealer tells me I have to pay $699 for a service and handling fee.

I told her that you should make your money on the sale price of the car not by adding on fees. She said that she paid it on her cars (whatever).

The only other fee is $340 for title tags license fee.

I did a google search on this specif fee and didnt come up with anything. Am I making a big deal on this fee? Is this something everyone pays?

TO me service and handling is like for delivery a item or something I just don tunderstand what this cost means or why should I pay it.

i know there are doc fees but i never saw a service and handling fee, but then again i havent bought any cars before.

Any help is appreciated.
I sent you a Private Message regarding the sale of my 2012 A7. Please contact me if interested.

Good luck!

Steve
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
It's also known as Additional Dealer Mark-up. If the price, including this fee, is still at or lower than your perceived value for the car, then go ahead and don't sweat it. Otherwise, negotiate a lower price on the car and let them add their "mandatory" fee. In the end, the out-the-door price is the important thing.
I hear ya! Not sure if they are gonna go down another $699 on the car asking price. I can try to counter offer the asking price. I think its already a steal considering all the packages it comes with.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Max audi
I think for the options im getting the price is fair. Im just concerned about the $699 service and handling fee.