Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Ten Audi/AudiWorld things that you can count on...

Old 11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Ten Audi/AudiWorld things that you can count on...

Ten Audi/AudiWorld things you can count on (in no particular order):

1) The average AudiWorld forum participant knows approximately 3.7 times more about their Audi than the average dealer salesperson, 2.1 times more than the average service writer and 1.3 times more than the average service tech. (Note that these are averages).

2) Despite "Truth in Engineering", some things will just not work as expected. Ever.

3) Not everything can be changed as desired with VCDS (Vag-Com).

4) Most problems will disappear as soon as you enter the dealer service dept. entrance.

5) 67% of owners will not read the complete manuals. 78% of those that do, will forget much of it.

6) It's easier to start a new forum thread with a question than first checking the manuals, doing a search or Googling for the answer.

7) The level of frustration expressed to a service person is inversely proportional to getting things done to your satisfaction.

8) Complaining is a right and proportional to the amount of money invested in an Audi.

9) All Audi dealers are out to get you unless they're not.

10) You can please some of the Audi owners all of the time, all of the Audi owners some of the time but you cannot please all of the Audi owners all of the time. -A. Lincoln (sort of)
Old 11-18-2013, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven

5) 67% of owners will not read the complete manuals. 78% of those that do, will forget much of it.
I'm surprise the percentage that read it is that high ;-) considering the lack of the manual as a PDF.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by keithl
I'm surprise the percentage that read it is that high ;-) considering the lack of the manual as a PDF.
I have to compliment the people who post here. After being on another car forum and reading countless threads on "how do you turn the headlights on?" and similar stuff that is easily answered by taking a moment and reading, people here really seem to know their cars. Some may attribute it to the sophistication of the average Audi owner but it makes this interesting to read and learn. I always try to figure my car out then read the manual cover to cover sans the common sense stuff such as how to buckle your seatbelt and tie the little ones down.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

One thing I have grown to dislike about the A6 manual is it is clearly a global manual and thus often hard to determine when certain things pertain to the US model vs. other NA models or Euro models. I think many would read it more if it were in PDF, I know I would as I can read it more conveniently than ranking the manual out of the glove box.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 1000%!! Where the heck is the PDF manual??? Every other marque has them on their site, but VAG doesn't. Absolutely ridiculous to not have it in 2013.

A PDF Parts diagram/list would be nice too, kinda like Realoem.com for BMW.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

All correct and I plead guilty on all counts. I could say I am not guilty and use insanity as a defense but that would be very uncharacteristic of an Audi driver.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Your forgot an important one...

There will be a new thread every month asking if the B&O option is worth the money.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Your forgot an important one...

There will be a new thread every month asking if the B&O option is worth the money.
Well, is it?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Well, is it?
No
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Well, is it?
Yes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ten Audi/AudiWorld things that you can count on...