Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 pano roof driving me crazy!!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Q5 pano roof driving me crazy!!

Hi everyone,I know a lot of u guys have posted threads about the pano roof rattling, I've had my 3.0T about a year now and just recently have this annoying ticking noise from the roof when going over bumps. It's quiet when the roof is open. I brought my car to the dealer twice already and didn't do anything, they told me couldn't hear anything. I thought about letting it be but I was driving on the highway today and I could hear that noise every bumps I went through. It's so annoying. What should I do next? Should I call the dealer again and the arrange a test drive with the tech? How are people with the rattling roof working out? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You forgot to specify a very important option on the Q5/SQ5 order guide: PFH - Delete Panorama sunroof.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
Hi everyone,I know a lot of u guys have posted threads about the pano roof rattling, I've had my 3.0T about a year now and just recently have this annoying ticking noise from the roof when going over bumps. It's quiet when the roof is open. I brought my car to the dealer twice already and didn't do anything, they told me couldn't hear anything. I thought about letting it be but I was driving on the highway today and I could hear that noise every bumps I went through. It's so annoying. What should I do next? Should I call the dealer again and the arrange a test drive with the tech? How are people with the rattling roof working out? Thanks.
double check again if the noise is coming out from the pano roof. Chance it may be coming from the trunk cargo cover. There is a fix for the trunk cargo cover that I did.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
double check again if the noise is coming out from the pano roof. Chance it may be coming from the trunk cargo cover. There is a fix for the trunk cargo cover that I did.
What is that fix? I'm getting all kind of noise from it (i think).
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply,i will check the trunk lid see if that is the case, but I am pretty sure that this is not the case because I can hear the noise above my head in the front passenger area. The noise is there only if the roof is close, quiet when its open. It's a "ticking" sound, sounds like the glass is touching something.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same issue and it was the cargo cover, not the sun roof. I bought some felt pads from Lowe's and the problem was fixed.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_54112-255-47...3D2&facetInfo=
Old 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had the same issue with my 2013 2.0T. Took it to the dealer a couple of times. They test drove and agreed that the roof was making noise. They took it in a couple of weeks ago and replaced the sunroof frame, which solved the problem.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
Thanks for the reply,i will check the trunk lid see if that is the case, but I am pretty sure that this is not the case because I can hear the noise above my head in the front passenger area. The noise is there only if the roof is close, quiet when its open. It's a "ticking" sound, sounds like the glass is touching something.
I had that sound too but it came out to be the trunk cargo lid.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Buckeye96
What is that fix? I'm getting all kind of noise from it (i think).
head over to Homedepot or Lowes for some Velcro cotton pads. When you remove the cargo lid. On both side there are a shiny surface where the cargo lid lays on. When you apply the cotton Velcro. The sound will go away. so no need to use any grease on the tabs like other threads are saying. Below is the link. I only used the cotton side. I will take a few pictures when I get home.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Velcro-4-...1#.UnJ5Tl_D91M
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by abcabc
Had the same issue and it was the cargo cover, not the sun roof. I bought some felt pads from Lowe's and the problem was fixed.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_54112-255-47...3D2&facetInfo=
that's what I did too. the sound pisses me off soo bad. I literally applied a foot of Velcro strips on each side. Now the cabin is quiet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Q5 pano roof driving me crazy!!