S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Black Optics Grill Installed

Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Black Optics Grill Installed

Picked up my car this morning from the body shop. They installed my black optics grill, along with some other cosmetic details which included:

Swapping my gray parking sensors with black ones

Painting the lower grill bright-work black

Painting my rear emblems matte black (rings and S6 logo)

Pics below. It was a cloudy morning so lighting is not the best. I'll try to take some more pics tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Looks Nice. How much did the Grill Cost? Did you ever think about the new RS6 Grill instead? If I'd get an S6, I would also get a better grill than stock.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really nice with the white car. Black rings and S6 logo look great. I think the rear valance would look good black now too, and an AWE exhaust with diamond black tips!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did not give the RS6 grill serious consideration for a few reasons:

1. My car is an S6, not an RS6. I didn't want to be a poser.

2. The RS grill does not do a very good job of hiding the stuff behind the filler panel. I saw an S4 at the shop that just had an RS grill installed, and you could see the foam liner through the grill.

3. I plan to install a Blinder laser jammer and the S6 grill is better suited for mounting the emitters with an unobstructed view than the RS grill.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ayap
Congrats Looks Nice. How much did the Grill Cost? Did you ever think about the new RS6 Grill instead? If I'd get an S6, I would also get a better grill than stock.
RS6 grill is not plug and play, although it can be done, as was seen in Fast4dr thread. . Also, not so easy to get. The way I understand it, you have to have a RS6 vin to order that grill. Possible, through a resourceful buyer, but not an unlimited supply by any means. Whoever has a vin, can't keep ordering a grill every other day with the same vin.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I paid about $900 for the grill, and $700 for the installation, replacement parking sensors, and paintwork to the lower grills and emblems.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
Looks really nice with the white car. Black rings and S6 logo look great. I think the rear valance would look good black now too, and an AWE exhaust with diamond black tips!
There's a strong possibility that the AWE exhaust will be in my future.

They tried to talk me into painting the rear valance but I decided to sleep on it. I might do that still, however. But that's not high on my priority right now.

Next step is getting my audio system installed. Hopefully, I'll be getting that underway in November or December.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I like it. The more people I see that paint the front lower chrome trim the more I want to do mine. Probably just start with plastidip and just see how it looks. I agree that the black rings and emblem look great on the white.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I paid about $900 for the grill, and $700 for the installation, replacement parking sensors, and paintwork to the lower grills and emblems.
Do you have a part number for the black parking sensors?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by S4thrills
Do you have a part number for the black parking sensors?
Don't have a part number. The body shop recently had an Audi Q5 that was wrecked. They had old parking sensors left over from that repair which they gave to me. It was easier than having them paint my gray sensors.

If you order parking sensors from Audi, they don't come painted. They come with primer and you must have them painted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Optics Grill Installed