Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 C7 Lemon Law Case

Old 12-15-2013, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A6 C7 Lemon Law Case

Hi folks, it has been a little over than two years since I became a part of this magnificent community. Unfortunately my journey with the seventh generation of A6 is coming to an end at this time. My request to repurchase the car under the lemon law of the state of CA has been approved by AOA. Perhaps I am not the first C7 owner who purchased a lemon but I have not heard of anyone else so far (at least on this forum).

There have been too many repairs done especially electrical components kept failing. More than 90 days in a shop in just two years and the car is still not operating as designed. C7 is my first german luxury car and it sure has not been the best experience to say at least. That said Audi is for sure the company that stands behind its products. No manufacturer is flawless, all of them have certain percentage of lemons rolling out of production line. So I am pretty sure most of you are delighted to own this vehicle as 99% of them must be reliable machines (consumer reports would not have put A6 on its top list). So at this point I am very hesitant to buy another Audi, at least not at this time. I am going, however, to carefully watch as how Audi proceeds with its advancements and perhaps I will join Audi family again sometime in the future.

Right now I am torn between 2014 IS 350 and 2014 BMW 335i. Oh well that is not a relevant dilemma to discuss at least on this forum

Enjoy your C7s folks and thanks for everything.

Sal

Last edited by salvadorik; 12-15-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mind providing a few more details on what malfunctioned? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Deets. Deets. Deets.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any reason why you are not getting another A6? I understand being hesitant, but the A6 has a very decent reliability rating and if AOA stood behind the car like you said why not get a 14?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Good luck on your next car. Too bad about your experience with the C7 Audi A6. I can certainly understand your desire not to get another one at this point. My first Audi was a 1978 5000 (I think that is what it was called) and it was an unbelievable lemon. After less than 9 months the engine, transmission, front and rear struts/shocks, brakes all needed to be replaced and eventually were. In those days it took forever to get the parts ordered and delivered from Germany. During one of the service trips the technicians decided to spray the entire undercarriage with undercoating, for reasons I still do not understand: something about making the car quieter until they could replace the defective suspension parts. The result was that they sprayed the black tar-like crap all over the front seats and carpet. To remedy it they “cleaned” it with gasoline; that left a lovely odor, plus it took all the height off the velour pile and bleached the tan color out of the seats. They ordered a new set of covers and installed them, except that that dye batch did not match the rest of the velour in the back seats or on the door panels. Eventually it was all done – then I traded it in on something cheaper and more practical, I believe a Rambler Rebel.
The dealer was a jerk and a friend who went shopping for a car there said he knew me, to which the saleshole replied "that p_r_i_c_k."
At some point in the lengthy process to get things fixed (no loaner offered) the manager said that I was lucky to have bought a quality German car, that standing behind and fixing these problems was the hallmark of quality. I said that to me the hallmark of quality is that the car doesn’t break or have defective parts in the first place. That really annoyed him.
As a result of that experience I did not get my next Audi until a got a 2006 A4. My current 2013 C7 A6 is my fourth Audi since Sept. 2005 and so far so good.

Last edited by irenesbob; 12-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by keithl
Any reason why you are not getting another A6? I understand being hesitant, but the A6 has a very decent reliability rating and if AOA stood behind the car like you said why not get a 14?
Theoretically I can. But I am just not willing to do that. In two years I have had enough. It is time to try something new. Plus this notorious Audi understeer just kills the entire driving experience. I drove bmw 335i and it rocks! Very well balanced and a lot more fun to drive than A6 or better to say S4, to which it competes. Anyways, I don't intend to spark bimmer vs audi debate. It is just time to experience something else. Who knows may be I will be back to Audi. Thanks for your suggestion though.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Good luck on your next car. Too bad about your experience with the C7 Audi A6. I can certainly understand your desire not to get another one at this point. My first Audi was a 1978 5000 (I think that is what it was called) and it was an unbelievable lemon. After less than 9 months the engine, transmission, front and rear struts/shocks, brakes all needed to be replaced and eventually were. In those days it took forever to get the parts ordered and delivered from Germany. During one of the service trips the technicians decided to spray the entire undercarriage with undercoating, for reasons I still do not understand: something about making the car quieter until they could replace the defective suspension parts. The result was that they sprayed the black tar-like crap all over the front seats and carpet. To remedy it they “cleaned” it with gasoline; that left a lovely odor, plus it took all the height off the velour pile and bleached the tan color out of the seats. They ordered a new set of covers and installed them, except that that dye batch did not match the rest of the velour in the back seats or on the door panels. Eventually it was all done – then I traded it in on something cheaper and more practical, I believe a Rambler Rebel.
The dealer was a jerk and a friend who went shopping for a car there said he knew me, to which the saleshole replied "that p_r_i_c_k."
At some point in the lengthy process to get things fixed (no loaner offered) the manager said that I was lucky to have bought a quality German car, that standing behind and fixing these problems was the hallmark of quality. I said that to me the hallmark of quality is that the car doesn’t break or have defective parts in the first place. That really annoyed him.
As a result of that experience I did not get my next Audi until a got a 2006 A4. My current 2013 C7 A6 is my fourth Audi since Sept. 2005 and so far so good.
Yeah... my experience definitely has been very positive as far as dealing with dealerships and AOA. They did their best to repair everything and bring the car to the desired condition. But lemon is a lemon. So now I am glad that Audi took care of it well.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Yeah... my experience definitely has been very positive as far as dealing with dealerships and AOA. They did their best to repair everything and bring the car to the desired condition. But lemon is a lemon. So now I am glad that Audi took care of it well.
I've lived through the same frustration and glad it worked out for you. As much as I was frustrated with my lemon C6, AOA really impressed me with their customer service and, ultimately, kept my loyalty.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

I would avoid the Lexus. Its basically the same car that was released back in 2005. Its old and outclassed. Toyota seems to think that customers don't care that their cars are way beyond the competition. Maybe they're right. Maybe their customers are idiots.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I would avoid the Lexus. Its basically the same car that was released back in 2005. Its old and outclassed. Toyota seems to think that customers don't care that their cars are way beyond the competition. Maybe they're right. Maybe their customers are idiots.

New 2014 Lexus IS 350 is entirely redesigned except the carryover 3.5L V6. New 8 speed transmission, totally different chassis, sophisticated suspension that was introduced in new GS last year, and absolutely stunning interior.

You may disagree with me and call Lexus customers idiots but I would listen to what other reputable car reviewers are saying about new IS:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A6 C7 Lemon Law Case