<<<ATTENTION!!!>>> "Audi cruise to Paris" driving event July 15th...

Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default <<<ATTENTION!!!>>> "Audi cruise to Paris" driving event July 15th...

<b>NAAC Cruise to Paris Hill, Maine
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2006
Time: TBD, but plan on this being an all-day event!</b>

Okay, now that KTR and German Car Day are over, let's start getting in gear for a cruise from Boston to Paris Hill in Maine...That is Maine, not France!

Many of you have been faithful participants of our various gatherings in parking lots after work or on weekends, but now here is a chance to have a BIG caravan to a great destination. This will be the first (of many?) cruises for the <a href="http://www.naaclub.org/">North Atlantic Audi Club</a>.

The destination is Bob Bahre's private auto collection, which is only open once per year as part of Paris Hill's Founder Day celebration. The Bob Bahre collection is home to some of the finest autos found anywhere, including cars built by Packard, Duesenberg, Isetta, Cadillac, Tucker, Cord, and many more. Mr. Bahre might be a familiar name to some of you who frequent the track...he owns NHIS.

The date is Saturday July 15th (note that this is NOT Sunday as previously posted), and it will involve a gathering somewhere near 128 and the Mass Turnpike west of Boston, proceeding to Portsmouth/Kittery to collect our fellow Audi folks from NH, and proceeding to the destination.

As it was mentioned in my previous post a few weeks ago, this will be an organized drive, which will mean a few things. First, that this is not a race. In fact, drivers are encouraged to remain within reasonable speeds during the drive. Second, this will require insurance to be obtained from ACNA. Seth Marshall, the General Sales Manager of <a href="http://www.bernardiaudi.com/en_US/">Bernardi Audi</a> in Natick, has offered to sponsor the event by covering the cost of insurance. We will, however, still have to sign the waiver forms.

<b>In addition, Seth has also lined up a vendor to donate a prize to go to one lucky participant. This prize is a Ventureshield clear-bra installed by <a href="http://www.protectivesolution.com/">Protective Solutions</a>, with a retail value of $595. You must be an event participant to be eligible to win (meaning that you need to be signed up and have signed the liability waiver. The winner will be selected on the day of the event.</b>

We are currently looking at venues for lunch before or after the visit to the collection. Times and exact locations for meeting up are yet to be determined, more details will be forthcoming.

For now, I wanted to start compiling a list of those people interested in participating. If you are interested, please post a reply here, and make sure you provide me with your e-mail address. Either make sure the e-mail address is active in your settings here, or send an e-mail to bostondriver@gmail.com or ndaniels@mac.com.
<b>So...who's in???</b>
Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's Waterfest weekend!

Now that I have cleared that weekend for availability, I have to make a decision.

Right now I'm leaning towards our NorthEast meet in Paris. Pencil me in!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah, I know, but that collection in Maine only open once a year...

so a local "alternative" to Waterfest!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:44 AM

That's why I'm leaning towards Paris cruise!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Hmm! We could combine this trip w/a visit to my wife's grandfather in Maine.

She's been trying to plan another visit w/him, so he can visit w/the kids. Let me check w/the "boss", and get back to you.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I still might go to Waterfest but it is more likely that I'll do the driver to Paris.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Man, no fair. I thought you meant Paris HILTON! That I would do, cuz she's such a bad girl!

heheh..&gt;Actually, that sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing BD.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Can't, I'll be in NJ...
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default Strong Possibility.......

Need to figure our logistics with the other folks who just happen to live here...I've seen Mr. Bahre's NH "cottage" and it's just stunning, so I can only imagine what his real home and prized car collection resides in...
Old 06-23-2006, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please submit to calendar.audiworld.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: <<<ATTENTION!!!>>> "Audi cruise to Paris" driving event July 15th...