Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Question for those that ordered their car

Old 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those that ordered their car

My Q5 TDI is scheduled to be here within a week and the last 30 days seem to have dragged by. I occasionally check the Q5's on my local dealer's website and I notice that some of them show as "coming soon" for those cars that are scheduled to arrive within a week or so. Just for fun I looked at the dealer website last night and I noticed that MY CAR is listed on their website as "coming soon". How can they list a car that is already spoken for on their dealer website? Do they do this in the event that a customer backs out of a purchase? Do all dealers do this? This seems strange to me. I'm curious what others think of this.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This appears to be standard procedure. The website merely shows current and upcoming inventory, whether or not it's sold/waiting delivery, or a sold order.

My Q5, which was ordered in early September, and just delivered on Friday, still shows on the dealer's website.

As long as it's not driven or made available to other potential customers, does it really matter if it appears on a website? In the end it comes down to the dealer, and you trusting them not to allow others to have any hands on time with your vehicle.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My dealer told me it is because all cars in their inventory system are posted online. I did not order my car, but put my deposit on one incoming to another dealer the month before it was due to arrive. The day after I picked the car up, the original dealer and the dealer I bought it from both had the car listed. I would not worry about it.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

My dealer did not list my car. I was looking pretty actively to see whether there were any other SQ5s coming through after the initial dealer allocations. Steve
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I would not worry about it....

They probably were just excited to have a SCUBA!

woot, woot and a secret handshake.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

When mine arrived at the dealer, it listed as "in stock". Made me nervous before I picked it up.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was looking, but never saw mine on the dealer's new inventory. Then again, sales dude told me that all 12 that came in with mine were custom orders. Their Q5 allocation is pretty much devoted to custom from what I've seen over the past year.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My Q5 TDI S-Line was also listed on the dealers website. Our salesman said when people called to inquire about it they were told when it would be available for viewing (since it was the 1st S-Line TDI they had). Our car was locked up in the showroom with a sold sign on it. Those who inquired about it stopped in to check it out and they also started a list of names just in case we backed out.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dadizon
My Q5 TDI S-Line was also listed on the dealers website. Our salesman said when people called to inquire about it they were told when it would be available for viewing (since it was the 1st S-Line TDI they had). Our car was locked up in the showroom with a sold sign on it. Those who inquired about it stopped in to check it out and they also started a list of names just in case we backed out.
I figured that one of the main reasons they did this had to do with generating interest in the event the person that ordered the car didn't follow through on the purchase.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Supposedly this is an automated inventory database. It doesn't reflect what is available, but merely what is in the dealership's inventory. So like some of you have mentioned, my car which was scheduled for European Delivery in October has been on my local dealership's website soon after a VIN number was issued and the car was built. I want to say this was sometime in July/August. I didn't notice it, but my dealership told me about it, because he told me that someone had seen my Estoril Blue SQ5 on their website and was ready to buy it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question for those that ordered their car