Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
View Poll Results: Please select one of the following B&O options:
I have it and glad I got it
27.38%
I have it but wish I didn't
2.38%
I don't have it and glad I don't
42.86%
I don't have it but wish I did
19.05%
I want it but have not purchased the car yet
3.57%
I don't want it but have not purchased the car yet
3.57%
I have no clue what I have or want
1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

C7 B&O Poll

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts
Default C7 B&O Poll

First, let me say, I'm not a fan of forum polls. Nevertheless, I just couldn't help myself with this one. There are no less than 17 dedicated "Is the B&O worth it" type threads on the four C7 forums since they were introduced. Just for fun, let's see how this one goes.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are missing selections:

- I don't have it but would have liked it except for the huge price tag ;-)

- and of course "I don't have BO I used my deodorant today...."
Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by keithl
I think you are missing selections:

This is obviously the biggest reason more folks don't order the B&O option.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi
This is obviously the biggest reason more folks don't order the B&O option.
Agree. I loaded up on the other options, but didn't feel it was worth $6K, versus aftermarket.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

In my opinion, it's hard to compare either the B & O or the Bose on the different C7 platform cars together.

For example, the Bose sounds dramatically better on the A6 than the A7, likely attributed to the fact that the A7 has no rear deck to hold speakers. For the A7, you really do need a dedicated subwoofer setup beyond the anemic one in the wheel well. Even for 6K, I wish for deeper bass with stronger definition from the B & O. (Not muddy teenager pavement pounding bass, however. . .)
Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by um_terps
Agree. I loaded up on the other options, but didn't feel it was worth $6K, versus aftermarket.
I agree with this also. I very rarely listen to music at home, but always do so in the car so I generally upgrade from the manufacturer's standard fit. In this case the Bose was an additional NZ$2,500, but the B&O an eye watering NZ$15,000 (take off about 20% to convert to US$ by the way) - so I decided to go with the Bose.
I know others have criticised the Bose system but I am pleased with it - it's noticeably better than the Harman Kardon system I had in my last car (a C200 Merc), which was itself pretty good.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
First, let me say, I'm not a fan of forum polls. Nevertheless, I just couldn't help myself with this one. There are no less than 17 dedicated "Is the B&O worth it" type threads on the four C7 forums since they were introduced. Just for fun, let's see how this one goes.
My jaw almost hit the ground when I saw you created this post. HAHA.

Originally Posted by keithl
That is me. I would have bought it, if it was not like 10%+ of my purchase price. The Bose works good for my application I feel and I will go aftermarket if I need more. Aftermarket is usually the way to go for car audiophiles in my opinion. However It would have been pretty cool to have the tweeters rise up as my steering wheels falls into position, mirrors unfold and needles sweep. My own personal UFO as the little girl says right?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by onthebeam
In my opinion, it's hard to compare either the B & O or the Bose on the different C7 platform cars together.

For example, the Bose sounds dramatically better on the A6 than the A7, likely attributed to the fact that the A7 has no rear deck to hold speakers. For the A7, you really do need a dedicated subwoofer setup beyond the anemic one in the wheel well. Even for 6K, I wish for deeper bass with stronger definition from the B & O. (Not muddy teenager pavement pounding bass, however. . .)
First time I have ever heard someone say the sound is dramatically better in the A6 than the A7.

This is simply not true. The Base and Bose systems sound equally bad in both the A6 and A7. The Base, Bose and even the B&O use the same anemic "subwoofer" in all models.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

To each his own. The Bose sounds much better in the A6, yet still not at all great, agreed. And you are of course right that the "subwoofer" is anemic. It's a must to replace with a real subwoofer in the A7 in my opinion. A must for audiophiles for the A6. Yet many other A6 owners are pleased with the stock Bose setup.

Originally Posted by looking@audi
First time I have ever heard someone say the sound is dramatically better in the A6 than the A7.

This is simply not true. The Base and Bose systems sound equally bad in both the A6 and A7. The Base, Bose and even the B&O use the same anemic "subwoofer" in all models.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kiwilester
but the B&O an eye watering NZ$15,000 (take off about 20% to convert to US$ by the way)
wow $12K USD is the price of B&O in NZ?! This is more than twice the cost here in US. We complain a lot in US that we dont get all the features but we are definitely lucky to pay the lowest price. The value that we get per a dollar paid is substantially more than that the rest of the world pays.

Last edited by salvadorik; 11-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 B&O Poll