Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Does the C7 Stream music from smart phone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Does the C7 Stream music from smart phone?

Can you stream music and control it from your phone instead of through mmi?
Old 12-29-2013, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r1racer
If you are talking about Bluetooth audio the answer is yes. My 2014 A6 has it and I use it with my Iphone.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
While Bluetooth Audio can stream internet music apps, i.e. Pandora, Mog as well as your phone's music files using the phones controls, the advantage of using the MMI is to integrate control of the phone's media with the car. Not sure why you would want to fiddle with the phone's small screen while driving vs. the MMI system. Same with making tel calls via Bluetooth.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The answer yes...anything on the phone.....

Blackberry here.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
While Bluetooth Audio can stream internet music apps, i.e. Pandora, Mog as well as your phone's music files using the phones controls, the advantage of using the MMI is to integrate control of the phone's media with the car. Not sure why you would want to fiddle with the phone's small screen while driving vs. the MMI system. Same with making tel calls via Bluetooth.
To me it's more convenient than using MMI. Especially if you want to rewind/fast forward. I used xcarlink in the C6 and regret not buying it sooner. Not a fan of all of the **** turning.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

You can FF/RW by holding the < > buttons down below the volume control on the console. Also, you might want to explore using the 3G MMI voice command. You can select source, track, artist. genre, etc. at the push of a button. No **** turning required and your eyes stay on the road. All of this, of course, assumes you have a C7.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You can FF/RW by holding the < > buttons down below the volume control on the console. Also, you might want to explore using the 3G MMI voice command. You can select source, track, artist. genre, etc. at the push of a button. No **** turning required and your eyes stay on the road. All of this, of course, assumes you have a C7.
Doesn't sound much different from the C6. I'm glad to hear there's full control from the phone, however.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snagit is definitely right. The bluetooth fully integrates with streaming music. It works perfectly. On my S3 I use a program which automatically launches Pandora and Wake when my phone connects to my car. I never have to get my phone out of my pocket for anything. It is definitely far more convenient and safer to use the MMIs larger screen and controls.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could any of you provide or email me instructions / settings on how to accomplish this? I searched to no avail. With my Galaxy S4 when streaming Pandora I don't see any information on the MMI. I only can see the music that is stored on my S4 phone. Music from Pandora does stream thru the MMI but no info shows up. I must be missing some setting somewhere. I have the 715-2 update on my 2012 A6 Prestige.
Thanks.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 when streaming music from Pandora...it does not display any info on MMMI
QUOTE=SSA6;24524009]Could any of you provide or email me instructions / settings on how to accomplish this? I searched to no avail. With my Galaxy S4 when streaming Pandora I don't see any information on the MMI. I only can see the music that is stored on my S4 phone. Music from Pandora does stream thru the MMI but no info shows up. I must be missing some setting somewhere. I have the 715-2 update on my 2012 A6 Prestige.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Does the C7 Stream music from smart phone?