TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Mother is buying a 2008 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mother is buying a 2008 TT

FWD, DSG (It makes the POP noise when shifting but its 6 speed so Im not sure if tip), 2.0T, Convertible with auto spoiler and RNS nav. She is in love with the car and while im not keen on FWD she wants the car and the price is good. Car only has 16k miles and was kept by a meticulous owner.

I need to know any known issues with these cars

Also what is supposed to go in the area where the armrest in a normal car would be back in between the seats?? Looks blank with contact points of some kind
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our FWD TT is still a great driver, and frugal on gas too. Nothing goes in that space on the center tunnnel, I think it's for an accessory phone cradle.

Can't think of any model year 2008-specific issues.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

get ready replace lots of lightbulbs
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

i got a 2008 CPO TT 2.0T FWD almost 2yrs ago with about 28-29k miles on it. im now about to hit 60k miles on it. cant believe ive driven that much and hte farthest ive taken it is a 3-4hr drive from Orlando to Miami =O

anyhow, no major issues (knock on wood). had couple warranty done on the lightbulb socket for hte taillights. seems like a known issue that the pins gets burned out and will tell you the bulbs is out even though bulbs are fine.

i had the TT reflector inside one of the headlights broke which was weird, perhaps one of hte dealer guys closed the hood too hard? but it was covered under CPO so all good.

also the run-flat tires that comes on it sucks. i replaced it with regular tires but of course, you wont have a spare in the trunk =O
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi tt 08 UBER RELIABLE

If you go on Cars.com and look at the consumer reviews for people who own this car you will see that this year is EXTREMELY reliable. No major issues even on used models so I say go for it.

This is an awesome car with minimal problems other than somewhat expensive maintenance but in my book well worth it for the car you get.

About the only issue I have had is I occasionally thrown in some oil between oil changes. I live in the desert and I need to top off form time to time. Aside from that I love this same Vehicle and congratulate your mom on her purchase. She will love it.. and you will be jealous.. heh..
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the responses guys!

She does love the car, runflats are a little loud for her and have some flat spots since the driver only drove 16k in 4 years he only drove in summer. She will be putting regular tires on the car. She had a warranty of 1 year given to her by the Porsche dealer but is also considering an extended one, any recommendations?

As for me being jealous, Nope lol I love my S... But I will say if she gets a TTRS in a couple of years then yes I would be jealous hahaha.

I even like the TTS

Any issues in snow driving on all seasons in the Fronttrak?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by andydrummer
get ready replace lots of lightbulbs
What lightbulbs?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

How old is your mother?

( did anyone notice the irony )

Last edited by porttac; 04-26-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Extended Protection Plan CARCHEX

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
Thanks for the responses guys!

She does love the car, runflats are a little loud for her and have some flat spots since the driver only drove 16k in 4 years he only drove in summer. She will be putting regular tires on the car. She had a warranty of 1 year given to her by the Porsche dealer but is also considering an extended one, any recommendations?

As for me being jealous, Nope lol I love my S... But I will say if she gets a TTRS in a couple of years then yes I would be jealous hahaha.

I even like the TTS

Any issues in snow driving on all seasons in the Fronttrak?
I went with Carchex as my extended warranty for my car. it allows you to go to any service center (dealership) and they will pay by credit card before you leave. I went with their top plan the platinum pan and it has the exact same coverage that came with the car originally up to 100,000 miles.

If you go to the carchex.com website you can also use the refer a friend link and throw in my name James Chavez. You can also email Ryan Landsman, he's the guy who sold me the package over there, he will take good care of you.

It's a great plan and just about EVERYONE takes it as they pay by credit card over the phone before you leave your dealer. I only have a $100 deductible on the plan I bought and have been extremely happy with their service and coverage so far. Carchex.com FTW!

BTW, no problems with the front trak so far. I drove the Quattro version and like the front trak much better, feels much more zippy than the quattro, which just feels, "heavy" for some reason. And not all that much faster than the more economical 2.0.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Woops forgot his email for questions or help Rlandsman@carchex.com Tell him James Chavez referred you, he is a great help and very helpful in getting you where you would like to be on a payment and coverage.

Quick Reply: Mother is buying a 2008 TT