RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 Initial Thoughts

Old 01-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS7 Initial Thoughts

Picked my RS7 up today, some initial thoughts...Coming from an 06 Mercedes S65 AMG...

1) ride is firmer than my AMG, even on comfort mode
2) seems quite a bit less powerful than my AMG, though didn't really test it out and never left comfort mode. The AMG had 738 torque, so the bar is high.
3) looks even better in person, really love the Daytona gray pearl with aluminum optic package.
4) lots of stuff and gadgets, a little intimidating
5) when slowing down, transmission feels a little clunky?
6) alcantara headliner is awesome
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! Pics would be nice. Give us an update in a few weeks.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTS00021
Picked my RS7 up today, some initial thoughts...Coming from an 06 Mercedes S65 AMG...

1) ride is firmer than my AMG, even on comfort mode
2) seems quite a bit less powerful than my AMG, though didn't really test it out and never left comfort mode. The AMG had 738 torque, so the bar is high.
3) looks even better in person, really love the Daytona gray pearl with aluminum optic package.
4) lots of stuff and gadgets, a little intimidating
5) when slowing down, transmission feels a little clunky?
6) alcantara headliner is awesome
#5 I totally agree, it seems to be getting better or at least I'm getting used to it, 800miles so far.
all else is good, I think the power is there in the right mode, have fun playing around with it,
the car is amazing in the snow, we are having a little blast in the midwest and I'm loving it.
I love the Aluminum optic too, mine is on panther black, looks great imho

Enjoy!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, it is quite a bit less powerful, however according to the numbers, the RS7 should be a little quicker off the line. I think the difference is the AWD has less front to back momentum transfer and results in less "seat of the pants" feel. Or it may be the softer setup of the AMG throwing you back when you get on it.

In any case... congratulations on the RS7!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TurboCup87
Congrats! Pics would be nice. Give us an update in a few weeks.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have a feeling getting it out of comfort mode to dynamic will change it considerably. Congrats on the car...still waiting here.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MARKNMTT
I have a feeling getting it out of comfort mode to dynamic will change it considerably. Congrats on the car...still waiting here.

Beaut of a car--- love the contrast with the Alu-Optics. Did you get the dynamic package with the diagonal shocks (red calipers are part of this) or are your calipers painted as a single option?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vic55
Beaut of a car--- love the contrast with the Alu-Optics. Did you get the dynamic package with the diagonal shocks (red calipers are part of this) or are your calipers painted as a single option?

I got the stand alone red brake package. When I placed my order back in June, the dynamic package wasn't available yet.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the stand alone red brake package. When I placed my order back in June, the dynamic package wasn't available yet.

Ok thank you- I thought you might have got a recent allocation that was on the ground. I just place my order with the DP as my roads are very good here in the OC and I wanted the least amount of roll.

Congrats again on the car- fantastic.

Im trying to figure out if I should keep the sport seats or go with comfort... I see that the sports seats look better but the comfort seats might hold one in better???
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vic55
Im trying to figure out if I should keep the sport seats or go with comfort... I see that the sports seats look better but the comfort seats might hold one in better???
I went with comfort because i really wanted the ventilation and massage, though I think the sport seats look cooler

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS7 Initial Thoughts