A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents

I have a strange problem with my car. Occasionally when the A/C is on, it will decide to blow very hot air from the front side vents and the rear vents. The front center continues to operate properly. Even if you change the temperature, it will continue to do this until the next time you start the car. There appears to be no pattern as to why this happens. It could be one in a month or three times in a week.

Has anyone had this problem and know what the repair is?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2009, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

It is a known problem and Audi has issued a TSB. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and reference that you want the TSB for the differing temps from the ineterior and exterior vents and I will send you the TSB.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Kevingary

I have this same issue! If there is a TSB, the dealer will do it even if I am out of warranty right?

Or do I need to pay labor charges, either way I want to get it done so what is the TSB #. Thank you!

IB
Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Only "recall" level problems generally get fixed out of warranty.
As such, you would need to pay for both parts and labor on a TSB.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IanB
I have this same issue! If there is a TSB, the dealer will do it even if I am out of warranty right?

Or do I need to pay labor charges, either way I want to get it done so what is the TSB #. Thank you!

IB
It's in my sig, but here's a direct link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/...67/2013883.pdf
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any idea what the out of warranty cost for this is? I am having the same problem just the center vents are hot the rest are cold. I like to have an idea what to expect to keep my dealer honest.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

NoVA - your problem may not be related to the TSB... Try this, click on the "setup" button next to the temperature controls - it should pop up a menu on the MMI screen. Next select (using only the temp. control ****, as the MMI **** will not control this) the choice for center vent (or some derivative) and set to colder. Please let us know if this works. From my understanding the TSB symptoms are hot air from the outer most vents despite temperature settings. GL
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

does any body know the BOSCH part number for the valve unit?? I think it may be cheaper through bosch and maybe they have an updated unit.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I will try that when I leave the office today, I notice in the winter the rear side vents blow cold air.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by akabraham
NoVA - your problem may not be related to the TSB... Try this, click on the "setup" button next to the temperature controls - it should pop up a menu on the MMI screen. Next select (using only the temp. control ****, as the MMI **** will not control this) the choice for center vent (or some derivative) and set to colder. Please let us know if this works. From my understanding the TSB symptoms are hot air from the outer most vents despite temperature settings. GL
I tried doing what you suggested, I could control which vents the air would come from I didn't see how to make them colder.
I have an 05 if that makes a difference.

Quick Reply: HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents