S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drive

How easy was it for you to find a S7 to test drive? There never seem to be any at my two dealers. Lots of Ghilbli, CLS550 and 650X Drive GTs.

Did you drive an A7 and pretend it had 100 more hp?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The S7 is completely different from the A7 in almost every way...suspension, performance (obviously)and overall experience. I know your comment was in jest, but actually the difference is much more than would be expected. I took a chance and bought mine without a test drive, as did most people I suspect who pre ordered them in 2013. I did drive an A7 before I bought mine and liked it enough to take the chance on the S7. Awesome car.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by emcman
How easy was it for you to find a S7 to test drive? There never seem to be any at my two dealers. Lots of Ghilbli, CLS550 and 650X Drive GTs.

Are there any S6's you can test drive? Pretty much will feel the same.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carguy84
Are there any S6's you can test drive? Pretty much will feel the same.
There was one and it was gone before I got there.

All the other cars I will drive tommorrow then compare to the A7. I had driven an A6 and it was so so. It was for my wife and she liked the Lexus GS 350 AWD F sport better.

Just a bit frustrated as it is my top choice.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
The S7 is completely different from the A7 in almost every way...suspension, performance (obviously)and overall experience. I know your comment was in jest, but actually the difference is much more than would be expected. I took a chance and bought mine without a test drive, as did most people I suspect who pre ordered them in 2013. I did drive an A7 before I bought mine and liked it enough to take the chance on the S7. Awesome car.
I figure if the A7 is OK an S7 will be much better. With order lead time I am feeling the pressure to do something in the next couple of weeks to see it by Summer.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:11 PM
OBP
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by emcman

Even now ? Audi dealers have not gotten more S7s on the lot ? I had the exact same problem at the end of 2012 when I was deciding between the exact same cars as you. I ended up with a CLS in 2013 cos at least I could research them and test drive them thoroughly. Pity that the issue of allowing customers a proper S7 test drive has still not been addressed.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the issue of a dealer getting an S7 and wouldn't allow me to test drive it. It was a smaller dealer which was probably why. I went to a larger dealer this week and got to test drive am RS7. You'll probably have better luck at a larger dealer.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There are two dealers here and they both had a S7. They both also were presold so I could not drive one. I drove a A7 instead.
Same issue with the BMW 650 X Grand Coupe. None in the state. Lots of Maserati Ghilbli and really a fun car to drive. My plan is to order a S7 though. The MB CLS550 I did not care for.

Now one dealer says 4 months the other says 2014 S7 are sold out and it will be Sept and a 2015 if you order now. He seemed very sure about that.

Plan to option it up but not sure about B&O over the base Bose system. Seems like a lot even if my wife like the idea of pop up tweeters.

Love the heads up on the test car
Old 03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Look up new S7's on Cars.com and in the filter look up the closest cars to your zip code. I had to do this to purchase my 2013 S7, ended up buying it 190 miles away from where I live but it was worth it
Old 03-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guarantee you if I walked into my dealer and stated I want to take their S7 out for a test drive they would not even consider it. They are just that kind of dealership with noses up in the air. I own an S-6 and they know I have the money to buy one but they are just that arrogant.

Quick Reply: Test Drive