S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Ordered MY New S7- Custom Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered MY New S7- Custom Paint

Hi!

This is my first post! First I like to say thanks to all that posted about their S7 as it helped in my research. This is my first German car and have been an Acura owner the past ten years.
I decided on the S7 because of the styling and over all package that it offers in terms of options, styling, performance and functionality.
It took me quite awhile to make a decision and now I have to wait until end of June for delivery.
I decided on the custom paint and went with Daytona Grey. Much thanks to those that posted pics of their Daytona Grey S7 in this forum! None of the standard colours appealed to me so I forked over the extra $3,900. My opinion if you decide to spend this amount on a car then go with what you like the most. I am really looking forward to this. I also opted for the dealer extended warranty as I get feedback about German cars being a bit finicky. I would appreciate some feedback about this and as well as the Xpell paint guard coating. I want to keep my paint job looking a new as possible and would appreciate some comments.
I live in Canada so my S7 comes with more standard features and there are less packages offered. Here is what I ordered:

Comfort Seats
Driver Assistance Package
B & O Sound System
Rear Side Airbags
Active Lane Assist
100K extended Warranty
Custom Paint- Daytona Grey Pearl

I didn't get the Black Optics Package as the chrome and aluminum side mirrors looked better with Daytona Grey IMO. Plus the 20' 5 Start rims looked better as well.

Can't wait!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great custom color choice that I also considered to be worth the additional cost! Also, the Xpel Ultimate on my full hood, fenders, mirrors, lights and front bumper has really kept the car in pristine condition without compromising the beauty of the Daytona Grey Pearl Effect color - I am very happy I opted to purchase it. Be patient...yours will arrive soon enough. In the meantime, here are some pics of my car that you may have already seen...
Attached Images    
Old 05-03-2014, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Howdy Fellow Canadian S7 Owner (soon to be)

You and I have the same taste, just picked up my 2014 S7 in April which was ordered in November 13. Also custom ordered the Daytona Grey, couldn't believe this colour was standard on the A7/RS7 but not the S7, I guess Audi saw us coming. Also didn't get the black optic package as totally agree the chrome and mirrors pop way better on the grey. My car looks the same as the first post, awesome!

Comfort seats are awesome, best choice for an option. Also went with the night vision and heads up, not essential options by any means but nice to play with. The lane assist and adaptive cruise are very cool and work very well. Even had the emergency braking work already as a car quick stopped in front of me then turned left. System kicked in before I even had a chance to react. For other options, Audicare should definitely be on your list, only extended warranty I purchased was the 5 year tire and rim which covers both the 20" summers and 19" winters which I thought was a good deal based on the potholes around here. Also had the dealer put in an oil pan heater as eventually it will be a winter driver and a Viper Smartstart GPS enabled.

Like the first post, I went with XPEL Ultimate and did over 3/4 of the car, full hood, front/rear bumpers, full doors, A pillars and front part of roof. Only left off the full roof and back pillars and top of quarter panels (did the rockers however). Google on Youtube, Auto Obsessed 2014 Edmonton Motorshow and you'll see the car about 3/4 the way through after the 911.

Only drove ~500kms so far, trying to behave before I see what it can do. Waiting too for the direct wire cable to come in for the Passport Max, the blend mount works well on the rear view mirror.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also got the Daytona Grey and agree the stock mirrors go perfectly with it. Also got Xpel and am completely happy with it. Got AudiCare but not the extended warranty. If it gets to be a frequent flyer in the repair shop past the regular warranty I'll be more concerned with moving on than paying for repairs - time is more important than money at that point for me.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just ordered my first Audi coming over from BMW - I also ordered a custom color - Suzuka Grey - coming from about 3-4 dark colors I wanted to get out of greys and silvers and over to some type of white just not a bland white. Did not want a RS7 for an everyday vehicle and decided to bail on comfort seats.

Black Optic Package (may powder coat wheels)
No B&O just did not see a 6k difference and like the punch of BOSE better
Rear Side Airbags
Black Cloth Headliner
Driver Assistance
Custom Paint- Suzuka
Old 05-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Daytona Grey FTW.

Name:  DSC_0132_zpsaba408bc.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  90.2 KB
Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the replies guys! It is along wait and try not to think about it and keep busy. I do find it strange that the S7 doesn't come in Daytona Grey as a standard color and was a bit turned off by this. Looking at the choices and how the Daytona Grey really suits the car with the aluminum mirrors, Audi had an idea we would pay more for the custom paint. I went with the extended warranty as two close friends love Audis but kept warning me that you will have issues. I really don't know if I will keep the car 6 years but I bet one time in the shop after 4 years will be worth the up front cost of the warranty. Thanks for the comments on the Xpel and now I just need to find an authorized installer in my area. Would anyone know a great Xpel installer in the Lower Mainland, BC? One thing I wish was available was the aluminum/oak inlays but in Canada its not an individual option and only with the black optics package. Gs4x3 your pics were the nail in the coffin to choose the color! thanks again. If any of you have more pics it would be much appreciated if you can post. also to the fellow CDN S7 Daytona Grey owner do you have issues with the reflection on the HUD as that was my main factor on not getting the option. The reflection was way too much a distraction for me.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

would you have a pic of Suzuka Grey?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

would you have a pic of Suzuka Grey bturkel?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do not have my car yet - saw a Suzuka RS5 and decided on the color changed my build today:

2015 S7
S7 Sport Seats
Alum Inlays
Power Closing Doors
Black Optic(may powder coat wheels)
B & O Sound System
Rear Side Airbags
Black Cloth headliner
Custom Paint- Suzuka

Last edited by bturkel; 05-12-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Ordered MY New S7- Custom Paint