Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never thought about pandora, great suggestion

My daughter would kill me if I got rid of kids place live
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Default Sirius

Originally Posted by meridian
[The problem is that the Sirius music is not nearly as good. In fact, much of the music becomes difficult to listen to. To me it sounds like a real fault in the midrange, but I’m not entirely sure. Do you think this is a problem with the equipment or is the advanced sound system exposing the weakness of satellite radio???s
I subscribed for years to XM/Sirius in my 2005 Acura RL, my folks have it for three solid years in their 2010 Acura MDX, and I've made many long road trips in both vehicles. While the XM sound quality in both the RL and MDX didn't approach CD level, it certainly surpassed FM/AM radio, and came close to matching the sound quality of the iPod connection.

I am really, really disappointed in the sound quality of Sirius in my Audi S7 and my father's A7. Neither of us plan on renewing our subscriptions, strictly based on sound quality alone. I don't think the stock/Bose/B&O speakers can help a sound quality source as bad as Sirius seems to be.

The Jukebox, SD cards, wired iPod connection, and Bluetooth audio, all certainly surpass Sirius quality, and I think in most scenarios, FM/AM stations sound superior to Sirius. Sirius music sounds like a super-compressed, low-bitrate MP3, which I find really irritating. I never felt this way about the XM in the Acura vehicles. I read once that XM had a lower compression ratio than Sirius, but I don't know if that is still the case once the companies merged. Unless there are dramatic improvements to sound quality during my trial period, they will be losing two long-time customers.

Randy
Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can get an Unlimited Pandora account...that's all you can eat with no ads...for $36 per year. The same thing on Sirius will run you $199 a year. And what do you get with Sirius for the $163 extra per year? Really bad sound. The better your sound system, the worse Sirius will sound.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SFQ7
4) I plan to tint and get film protectant over front end. Anyone in North Jersey that can recommend a reputable shop?
Congrats on the new ride. Phantom Black is a great color.

Regarding film protectant...I can't recommend a shop (don't know any), but make sure you...but as far as product I recommend XPel Ultimate ( I am getting mine installed today )

I am getting the Full front coverage: Complete Front -> Hood, Left/Right Fenders, Bumper, Side View Mirrors & Headlights. The installer is also including Door Cups (protect against all those nails and keys) & Luggage loading strip. SnagitSeven also recommends having the Rocker panels done.

Here is my post on getting the film installed: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2845763

Also here is a nice long recent thread about Film Protection Audi Owners have been choosing: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2843530

Also, remember to have them Wrap the edges, so that you do not see the edges of the film.

As far as tinting, I am sure you already have what you want in mind...beyond that here is something else to consider if you haven't already...Tint the inside of your windshield with a Clear Ceramic Tint...a few of the other owners on these forums have ans love the result. I have also seen it at some of the meetups I have hosted. I am having the "Llumar Air Blue 80" installed on my car as soon as I can get an appointment with my installer.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grogs4dogs
You can get an Unlimited Pandora account...that's all you can eat with no ads...for $36 per year. The same thing on Sirius will run you $199 a year. And what do you get with Sirius for the $163 extra per year? Really bad sound. The better your sound system, the worse Sirius will sound.
I hooked up my phone and Pandora sounds many times better than Sirius.

Are there lightening cable adapters to connect the new generation of ipod directly to the Audi interface?
Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes. You can get the adapter at the Apple Store: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...apter?fnode=45

Last edited by grogs4dogs; 04-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.