Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final pic

With plate in place.....
Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cme42thdk
I was told by my dealer that Audi doesn't include the front license plate bracket as most people don't want it on the S7, And it's a $350 add on accessory.. Could that be correct?
I went through the same denial stage (Illinois) of going without the front license plate. I have not ever put one on my GT3 and never been stopped. However, if you want to drive downtown Chicago or park at ORD, you will get a ticket 95% of the time. I finally broke down and had the dealer install the front license plate hardware and bracket from the factory. No more worries and the look is fine. My understanding is that if the state requires you to have a front license plate, Audi is required to provide for the appropriate front license plate by law. My dealer balked at first, but when I "reminded" them of the law, they installed the plate for free.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I went through the same denial stage (Illinois) of going without the front license plate. I have not ever put one on my GT3 and never been stopped. However, if you want to drive downtown Chicago or park at ORD, you will get a ticket 95% of the time. I finally broke down and had the dealer install the front license plate hardware and bracket from the factory. No more worries and the look is fine. My understanding is that if the state requires you to have a front license plate, Audi is required to provide for the appropriate front license plate by law. My dealer balked at first, but when I "reminded" them of the law, they installed the plate for free.

Mikemdd, can you please post some pictures of your dealer-mounted license plate? We're curious about how it looks. Of course, you can block the numbers themselves shown on your plate.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ordered mine (due in about 2-3 weeks) without the front license plate -- on the order sheet, both are no-cost options. I guess they try to charge $350 if they have to replace one with the other. But, at order, it is just part of how the car is spec'd. I decided to go without it and hope I don't get too many tickets. I saw some posts from others in NJ that the tix are $35, and they appear to be very infrequent. I might do the back-up plan with foam and toggle bolts, too.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coxswain
Mikemdd, can you please post some pictures of your dealer-mounted license plate? We're curious about how it looks. Of course, you can block the numbers themselves shown on your plate.

Thanks in advance.
No problem. I am away on holiday for a couple more weeks, but will take a picture when I get back home.