S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Ceramic pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic pads

Anybody on this forum switch from stock brake pads to ceramic pads to rid themselves of the brake dust? I have used Akebono's on my Audi TT and Q5, but not sure they make them for the S7. If anybody has switched them over let me know what type.

Thanks,

Koz
Old 08-31-2014, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Akebono pads on my S4 and love them. I ordered them from ecs tuning. I noticed on their site that they only have Akebono pads for the rear. I would guess that someone makes them for the front as well.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Performance Brakes - Brake Pads, Brake Rotors and Brake Kits Is one company that does the front as well as back.

Last edited by yvnrg1981; 09-01-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the Disc Italia link. Looks like a good company, a bit more expensive than Akebonos but I will do anything to rid myself of the dust.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkozmo
Thanks for the Disc Italia link. Looks like a good company, a bit more expensive than Akebonos but I will do anything to rid myself of the dust.
Sorry for asking a stupid question....but since I don't know anything about brakes and braking pads, I have a question that I'm sure someone can answer.

Okay...since we can replace stock brake pads with other manufacturer's ceramic brake pads (which cost soooo much less, it looks like u can replace all 4 stock pads with ceramics for at most $450).....my question is....why is it so much more to order an Audi Ceramic brakes???

Am I missing something?? Does the Audi includes more than the pads? what are the difference than just replacing the pads urself?

Thx
Old 09-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Audi Ceramic Brakes is the full kit, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by moosehead1
The Audi Ceramic Brakes is the full kit, rotors, calipers, pads, etc.
Are there any differences in performances replacing just the pads vs. the full kit?

Ultimately...is it worth it to order a car with ceramic brakes or replace the whole kit vs. just replacing the pads for ceramics.

Thx
Old 09-15-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chucky0731
Are there any differences in performances replacing just the pads vs. the full kit?

Ultimately...is it worth it to order a car with ceramic brakes or replace the whole kit vs. just replacing the pads for ceramics.

Thx
A full kit from the manufacturer with ceramic rotors and pads etc generally runs $5k to $8k which if you are not tracking the car is ridiculous. Audi does not offer that for this car, maybe the rs7. you see that option for porsche and its very expensive. I don't care about anything other than the brake dust. ordered the disc italia pads, will post back when they are installed on the car. $300 total for both axles.

Last edited by jkozmo; 09-20-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkozmo
A full kit from the manufacturer with ceramic discs and pads etc generally runs $5k to $8k which if you are not tracking the car is ridiculous. Audi does not offer that for this car, maybe the rs7. you see that option for porsche and its very expensive. I don't care about anything other than the brake dust. ordered the disc italia pads, will post back when they are installed on the car. $300 total for both axles.
Nice...I think I'll do the same when I have my new car.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

jkozmo - did you get the Disc Italia's installed? How are they? I am thinking about getting them for my S7 to reduce the brake dust.

Quick Reply: Ceramic pads