S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Audi Connect - Addition

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect - Addition

I got my new 2014 S7. Obviously I did not my homework properly, but Audi Connect seems to be the "doorway" to many nice things to come. So the car does not have Audi Connect on it.
Is there a way to add it?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Connect is standard on all 2014 S7's. You should already have it. Audi's website also indicates it comes with free 6 month subscription.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fahmy.alaa@gmail.com
I got my new 2014 S7. Obviously I did not my homework properly, but Audi Connect seems to be the "doorway" to many nice things to come. So the car does not have Audi Connect on it.
Is there a way to add it?
What "doorways" does it open exactly? Isn't it just an OnStar clone?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Connect is the pathway to the Internet. It uses the cellular data network to connect your car to the Internet and establishes a WiFi hot spot in your car that allows you to connect multiple devices (phones, iPads, etc). Audi Connect also is used to connect the car's navigation system to Google Earth. Through voice commands, you can also use Audi Connect to do Internet searches and link the results to navigation (e.g." where are the closest steakhouses?").
Old 04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grogs4dogs
(e.g." where are the closest steakhouses?").
I like the way you think!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Neat, but unfortunately I see minimal use to this until they upgrade to 4G/LTE on this model. I understand that the A3 has 4G but not the A7. Bummer.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggusDiccus
Neat, but unfortunately I see minimal use to this until they upgrade to 4G/LTE on this model. I understand that the A3 has 4G but not the A7. Bummer.
While LTE would be faster, 3G works fine for me - the extra few seconds that 3G takes to load doesn't bother me much and I still have access to all of the Audi Connect features which I find very useful. To me, the dynamic, online Google searches are the best feature of AC as the car's static, internal POI database is limited and, unlike the online destinations, becomes more outdated each year.

It's not uncommon for Audi to leapfrog new features when a new series comes out as in the A3. I wouldn't be surprised to see other 2015 models updated to the same system and if not all of them, they likely will be for MY2016. It probably will depend on when the current Audi/T-Mobile agreements run out.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NPKR
Audi Connect is standard on all 2014 S7's. You should already have it. Audi's website also indicates it comes with free 6 month subscription.
OK, thank you very much for your answer.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do I understand correctly that use of Audi Connect requires a T-Mobile account? I use Verizon right now for everything...so does that mean I'll have to start another account with a new (to me) carrier?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

T-Mobile is the provider chosen by Audi for 3G Audi Connect. AT&T got the nod for LTE Audi Connect. Signing up was a breeze. I found the whole process absolutely painless.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect - Addition