Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ensoniq
Bump

Would love to hear impressions after a few months use
I too am interested in comments now.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not hearing from clintb for some time, I hope the APR didn't propel him into orbit.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not clintb, but I've had the APR for over a month now and it has completely transformed the speed of the car to a different league. "Pulling onto the highway" is insane and you're just banging through the gears almost too fast to enjoy it. Happy to show it off to anyone in the Mass area.

I haven't had any issues or CELs come up - my only issue now is waking up before my wife, otherwise she takes it to work....

Now if APR could ever fix the awful steering feel this car might actually be a success!

Chip-
Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carguy84
I'm not clintb, but I've had the APR for over a month now and it has completely transformed the speed of the car to a different league. "Pulling onto the highway" is insane and you're just banging through the gears almost too fast to enjoy it. Happy to show it off to anyone in the Mass area.

I haven't had any issues or CELs come up - my only issue now is waking up before my wife, otherwise she takes it to work....

Now if APR could ever fix the awful steering feel this car might actually be a success!

Chip-
Pretty much decieded to go for it after my inital Audi 5,000 mile 6 month visit. The tuner here was the first APR guy on the west coast and has not had any issues with it or with the Audi dealer near by who referred me to him. Valet setting, a quicker 20-60 time and I sence a bit of stutter at times on moving from a stop.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Chip,

Where in MA are you? Where did you get your work done? I might be interested in a meet up to check it out.

Also, I thought the RS7 doesn't use the DCT because the DCT can't handle the twist of the higher HP. I also thought that the RS7 upgrades the turbo size and crankshaft to accomodate the extra power. I understand that the APR tune is based on the tolerances of the existing gear, but it seems a little scary to do an upgrade that might void the warranty of the tranny due to excessive power. Does anyone have futher thoughts on this?
Old 02-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Sumo,
Unfortunately I sold the S7. As much as I loved the tech and the speed, the lack of any steering feel and brake feel was just too much for me to overcome all the great things I liked about the car.

I got the work done in Waltham, at East Side.

Chip-
Old 03-16-2015, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default APR tune totally worth it!

I had the APR upgrade installed in my 2013 S7 in October 2014. It was truly impressive how much faster an already fast car was. 100% worth every penny. I consistently pass 911 turbos on the straights when I take it out for track days. So many guys come over floored how a 4400 lb 4 door drives around them like that.

I actually just had to take the car in to the dealer due to overheating issue (they had to re-do the cooler lines to the turbos) and dealer talked me into allowing them to re-flash the software to fix some MMI glitches. The guys at Global Motorsports Group said they re-install the APR tune for $125 since I already purchased the software. I drove the car with the stock tune for about a week and it feels SOOOOOO slow without the tune up in it. You get used to the unrestrained horsepower quickly.

There's no trade off in driveability with the tune up either. It's just as smooth as stock mode when you're cruising and a beast when you jump on it. The best part is hearing the whistle of the turbos spooling up with the tune up in it.

Don't hesitate to put the ECU upgrade in. You'll love it.