S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the latest TSB work that was done on my car, its all gone..the car drives like a charm. there is no hesitation or lag. I will suggest you to get this update

Old 08-31-2013, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by noah123
After the latest TSB work that was done on my car, its all gone..the car drives like a charm. there is no hesitation or lag. I will suggest you to get this update
I've had all the TSB work done and it hasn't made any difference with the immediate lag after coming to a stop, and little difference with the jerky shifting.

Are you sure you have no lag at all? When you brake and come to a complete stop, then press on the throttle moments later, the car moves forward "immediately"? There is no delay? Or, when taking a corner where you have to brake just before the corner, the car bogs down and won't accelerate for a couple seconds? This is what happens to me all the time.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed, mine is dramatically improved. All shift issues gone. The dealer applied a DSG Software Update and ECM Software update. I also have a Sprint Booster installed which really helps with drive by wire lag.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by R_A8
Agreed, mine is dramatically improved. All shift issues gone. The dealer applied a DSG Software Update and ECM Software update. I also have a Sprint Booster installed which really helps with drive by wire lag.
I didn't see a module for the S6 listed on Sprint Boosters website. Which one do you have?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agree with Noah on all counts. After the TSB and tranny adaptation reset, the downshifts have been noticeably smoother. In Sports mode from a standstill, I just went from 0 to 65 (in a 45 - sorry, can't help my lead foot) and within 5 secs, back down to 10mph without any jerky downshifts. A little more apparent when I am going betwwen 5 to 40mph.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to clarify, I have no problem with jerky up shifts. The only problem with shifting I have is with the 3 to 2 shift in dynamic mode and sometimes the 4 to 3 shift. As I've mentioned, the car is a rocket once it starts moving.

My delay/lag problem is not when starting from a standstill after being stopped for a while, say at a traffic light. The problem I do have is accelerating after a quick stop, like you would experience at a yield sign or a quick stop to look both ways then turn. And, when braking into or just before a turn I experience a long delay before the car will accelerate out of the turn.

I was curious if other people were experiencing the same behaviour in these same circumstances.

I'll ask about the throttle adaptation. Maybe that will help - sounds like it might.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an RS7 on order. I hope i dont experience this, it'll bug the hell out of me.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. I've resorted to either using manual mode or toggling into sport mode when I anticipate a difficult merge into or across traffic from a stop. I have to remember not to get into stoplight races with the likes of Toyota Camrys unless I'm in the right transmission mode or it'll be quite embarrassing as they take off while I'm standing still for 2 secs while the car ponders whether you really want to go!

Do we know whether DSGs on other Audi models exhibit the same behavior?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
I didn't see a module for the S6 listed on Sprint Boosters website. Which one do you have?
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/de...=S6&engine=Gas
Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome. I didn't know about that solution.

Quick Reply: Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.