S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

So Cadillac admits it's a problem with their software

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC
We S6 owners believe this to be an issue (I certainly do), but your dealer is right that there is nothing "broken", as I believe it's working as intended. You'll find similar complaints about BMW if you goggle "throttle tip in".
I am very familiar with this in BMW, the throttle lag is horrible, and I tried to re-create it in the S6 test vehicle but it was a fraction of lag that I saw with the BMW and did not feel it was much of an issue. Could it be that the car responds better over time as it learns your more agressive driving style?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by samthemana8
I am very familiar with this in BMW, the throttle lag is horrible, and I tried to re-create it in the S6 test vehicle but it was a fraction of lag that I saw with the BMW and did not feel it was much of an issue. Could it be that the car responds better over time as it learns your more agressive driving style?
Nope. I've been impatiently stomping on mine for 14k now, and still have terrible lag.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's ironic is that I've driven econobox rentals and a lot of times the throttle is overly sensitive/boosted to give the driver the impression of more power and instantaneous pickup.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think people who don't notice the lag don't understand how to replicate it.

My car has obvious throttle lag no matter what I do, but it's most obvious when I brake for a 90 degree corner and then press on the throttle as I begin straightening out the wheels. The car simply coasts for two seconds until it finally reacts to the throttle input. I'm not talking turbo lag either. I've read in other threads that it could be that the clutch becomes disengaged (?) and it needs to reengage (?) before the car will react to a throttle input.

Can anyone confirm or deny that when the car is in gear and the car is coasting or braking, the clutch is disengaged, perhaps so the car will coast and save on fuel? I don't see how this would happen since the revs don't (appear to) fall.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its brutal in my wife's BMW. I think its completely unacceptable in a car like an S6 or S7, regardless of setting. That said, I assume from the comments that its there regardless of setting to Dynamic?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zoomzoom8
That said, I assume from the comments that its there regardless of setting to Dynamic?
Doesn't make a difference with my car; and I really dislike the harsh downshifts, so I only use Dynamic when I'm in a rush.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SMK_RS4
I think people who don't notice the lag don't understand how to replicate it.

My car has obvious throttle lag no matter what I do, but it's most obvious when I brake for a 90 degree corner and then press on the throttle as I begin straightening out the wheels. The car simply coasts for two seconds until it finally reacts to the throttle input. I'm not talking turbo lag either. I've read in other threads that it could be that the clutch becomes disengaged (?) and it needs to reengage (?) before the car will react to a throttle input.

Can anyone confirm or deny that when the car is in gear and the car is coasting or braking, the clutch is disengaged, perhaps so the car will coast and save on fuel? I don't see how this would happen since the revs don't (appear to) fall.
My S6 (build date Aug/2013) does not do what you describe. I see you have a MY2013 S6, when was the last time the software was updated?

Also, it does not seem like the clutch disengages when slowing down.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the latest software on my MY2014 that I have had since November. it's there and it's annoying. When I put it in sport mode that thing should be like a rocket but I need to use Manual shift to get the car to be responsive.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The lag is definitely present in my '13 S6. Within 3 minutes of riding in a friend's '14 S4, I could tell his transmission programming was vastly different.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SierraBravo
My S6 (build date Aug/2013) does not do what you describe. I see you have a MY2013 S6, when was the last time the software was updated?

Also, it does not seem like the clutch disengages when slowing down.
AFAIK I have the latest software update - the latest one that was supposed to decrease the harsh downshifts (which didn't help).

I'm going to see if I can demo another S6 if my local dealership gets one in. Then I'll be able to determine if the new models have the same issue that I and many others are noticing.

Quick Reply: So Cadillac admits it's a problem with their software