S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Is the RS7 that much faster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:57 PM
dsi
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the RS7 that much faster?

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2014 S6. Been contemplating on trading for an RS7. Has anyone went from an S6 to an RS7? What are your thoughts. The car is my daily driver. I haven't had the opportunity to drive both side by side. The S6 from a dead stop seems to launch with power, however at speed when I punch it, I'm not that impressed. Before this my daily driver was an X6M and I noticed at speed the x6m pulls a lot harder when punched down at speed, eg on the highway at 60-70 mph. Just need some experiences. The cost difference is quite substantial
Old 12-27-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's faster, but there are diminishing returns - by this I mean it's not the same percentage faster as the cost is higher. With some upgrades you your S6, you can get pretty close. I say all of this based upon numbers, not experience
Old 12-27-2015, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

If all you want is more power, get a tune for your s6. The increase in torque above 2500 rpm is very noticeable and takes it above the torque of the X5/6 . Some tuners also offer a TCU tune which can make a big difference to how responsive the car is.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Get the ASR tune!!!yowsa!!!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I meant APR apologies.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thodgez28
I meant APR apologies.
Get a tune--unless you just have a bunch of money that is dying to be spent on something new.--I have a '13 and have done many of the mods that are out there. At present the car is AMAZING. Do the exhaust then go to APR ( I like the AWE exhaust). AWE also makes a killer air- intake that will give you amazing torque and power right where you want it. ( 2800-3500rpm's). Do both the upgrades that APR has to offer. If you want to go crazy round out the package with the Motorsport stabilizers for the trans and some sway bars and Alu Kreuz --Your choice there maybe look at HRE or uspmotersports. --Just my opinion. If you do all of that you will only see RS7's in the rear view. Your car has HUGE potential--and it's easy. Budget $5-$7K if you have a shop do the work.--Have fun!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

opps! My transmission mounts are 034 Motorsports--not uspmotorsports. Really smooths out the shifts and general feel of the drivetrain--and they don't cost much.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been modding cars for 23 years. In my opinion, think about what you're really after to make sure you either get your money's worth, or your ultimate enjoyment.

Sure a modified car will get you larger performance at cheaper cost... but it comes with drawback of having to find knowledgeable and willing repair centers (or friends) to help you maintain your custom aftermarket masterpiece. Modified cars will void your warranty at majority of dealers unless you have "connections". If you are into cars and tinkering with them then this could be fun or frustrating depending on your mindset.

If you want larger performance, and prestige coupled with dealer warranty and less hassle repairs... then the RS7 is a masterpiece of a machine that will raise eyebrows and propel you into exclusivity class.

Hard to find a good balance of everything until you dig down to find that point of no re-gerts (lol), aka buyers remorse. Sorry just saw a Milky way commercial.

Nobody Panic!! These are just my opinions.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no question that if money is no object that the RS7 would be better if you are okay with the smaller rear seat and look.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
... RS7 would be better if you are okay with the smaller rear seat and look.
LOL, I wasn't going to go there but right there with you.

Quick Reply: Is the RS7 that much faster?