S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Red cable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red cable?

I bought the red cable today and plugged it in with my iPhone 4S. I does not work at all. No music or anything. Any suggestions? Are vag-com modifications required to get it to work? Blue cable works fine but I wanted album art. The car is very new, I picked it up 6 days ago, so I assume it has whatever is the latest mmi software. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't have experience with red cable (only blue) but from what I have read on the forum, rebooting iPhone would make MMI recognize the device. Have you tried that already?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dukeland
I don't have experience with red cable (only blue) but from what I have read on the forum, rebooting iPhone would make MMI recognize the device. Have you tried that already?
Just tried it, no luck.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the red grommet cable. It doesn't offer much over the blue. Bear in mind album art is an image and won't appear if the car is in motion. But it should give the same results as the blue otherwise.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jascooper
I have the red grommet cable. It doesn't offer much over the blue. Bear in mind album art is an image and won't appear if the car is in motion. But it should give the same results as the blue otherwise.
Well I guess if I can't see album art in motion I don't really care about using the red cable. Thanks for the info.