S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

my s6 test drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric, are you talking about the S6? I agree on the A6 you get a stiffer suspension, but I don't think the S6's air suspension changes at all with the sport package.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Eric, are you talking about the S6? I agree on the A6 you get a stiffer suspension, but I don't think the S6's air suspension changes at all with the sport package.
Yeah pretty sure the S6 sport pack is only, differential, steering, exhaust. The suspension is the same.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well perfect timing on the Night Vision question.

Haven't had my car long and driving to work this morning, it was very foggy. I turned on night vision and was cruising down a back road a 65 mph. Saw a large white spot appear in a field to the left. Looked over saw nothing, but fog. Slowed down to 35 mph quickly and a deer ran across the road.

So my opinion is firm now. If you live or drive in rural areas or areas with heavy deer population I recommend it. Just have to remember to turn it on.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

AWESOME! Very helpful!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kcjonz
Well perfect timing on the Night Vision question.

Haven't had my car long and driving to work this morning, it was very foggy. I turned on night vision and was cruising down a back road a 65 mph. Saw a large white spot appear in a field to the left. Looked over saw nothing, but fog. Slowed down to 35 mph quickly and a deer ran across the road.

So my opinion is firm now. If you live or drive in rural areas or areas with heavy deer population I recommend it. Just have to remember to turn it on.
That mirrors my experience as well, it is a great help to spot deer in the evenings. I also use it to spot the neighbors kids in our lowly-light sub, but they woould not damage the front end as much as a deer would.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BWAHAHAA!!
Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
you can subdue the exhaust in MMI if you think it's too loud
I can pretty much guarantee you won't think it is too loud.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True enough - thanks for pointing that out… I was indeed referring to my "steel" days with C6 and C7 A6's...
Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all advises. Got my s6 prestige today: tornado grey, comfort black seats, driver assist package, black optic. that was the closest I can find around because I have no patience to order and wait many months....
Will play with set up tomorrow.....
Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... in my opinion and experience, the sport package stiffens spring rates and more effectively controls damping or rebound from and impact. While this is imperative during aggressive cornering, especially on anything but glass smooth roads, it makes the ride more harsh - even if there are settings for comfort/sport/track. Typically the sport package lowers the car, reduces the total suspension travel and limits the degree to which the car leans under cornering load. All this is great if your emphasis is on cornering performance. That is why these setups are offered as options, because many folks prefer a softer setting which matches there normal driving.

Eric
Sport packages offered on many cars, including the A6, stiffen the suspension. However, the S6 sport package does not. It only gives you the sport diff, variable steering and sport exhaust. The S6's adaptive air suspension is the same whether you have the sport package or not. I was on the fence as far as getting it but I'm glad I did. What surprised me, though, is how much I love the sound of the sport exhaust.

Quick Reply: my s6 test drive