S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My new 14 S6 delivering today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
I went to Edmunds.com, spec'd out my car and got the "True Market Value" price for the car. Took it to the dealer. Got it right at this price, then had an additional $1500 taken off for Audi loyalty. Ended up being about $5000 off MSRP
That's good to hear they are actually finally dealing on these vehicles. Most 2013 cars you could barely budge off of MSRP. Only discounts people got were through the ACNA discount.

BTW, a little background on that "True Market Value" cost. Seems like for years the car industry has caught wind that everyone knows about invoice pricing. So over the years they have been slowly phasing this practice out in favor of giving dealer incentive payments, like cars sold per month. These payments can exceed a million dollars a month for some dealers, but you will never see these factored into the "True Market Value" of the car because it is all based on "dealer invoices" which have been steadily increasing over the past 10 years. Meaning the gap between invoice price and MSRP is shrinking.

Take a look at this article and some very good car buying advice in general.
http://www.fightingchance.com/auto_financing.php?js=y

http://www.fightingchance.com/addon04.php
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gobridge
Congrats! I'm considering an S6 myself and was curious what kind of deal you got. Have seen any recent posts on what they are going for. Thanks!
Thank you. I got my audi loyalty discount and that's about it. These cars fly off the lot here so they don't discount much. I recommend getting one I can't tell you the two days I've had it it's a great car
Old 02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Congrats! It is one heck of a car.
Thank you and I'm beginning to realize that! It feels pretty powerful. Got it with 20 miles so I don't want to push it yet
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
The Glacier White really grows on you. I didn't get to pick the color, but I really like it in retrospect.
Yeah when I was picking the options I told them I had to have the glacier white. That's what I had on my A7 I love it
Old 02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I didn't actually order from Germany. It was a car that happened to have all the stuff I wanted that happened to get off the boat that day, my dealer did a dealer trade for an Rs5 they had and I got lucky
Old 02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ScrewBallVin
Congrats!

My S7 order was just under 90 days, order to delivery on in SoCal.
Thank you and congrats to you as well, that's the car I really wanted.. Well second to the RS7 lol.. But I opted to save the $7-10k and picked up the S6
Old 02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rickymp
I've had mine for 6 weeks now and overall am very happy with this car. I haven't really pushed it yet. I got about 3% off MSRP but I got the exact configuration I wanted; I had to wait about 6 weeks to get it. No significant complaints so far. It takes a while to figure out all the controls. Haven't been able to get the voice recognition to work very well, but I haven't learned the commands either! I can't imagine wanting more power than this car has (ie RS versions and tuning). I do notice a little more lean than I like and the steering is a little isolated (numb) and there is some understeer but it is very fast and smooth (and quiet)and I don't plan on tracking it (I have a Vette for that). The basic radio works fine for me since all the sources I listen to are compressed anyway. Don't love the climate control system; seems to reset itself and won't stay on my choices other than temp. I plan to do some minor VagCom modifications soon. Give us a report after you've had a few weeks with it.
Will do I can say that in the two days I have had it it seems to be a great car.. And as for the steering response I'm not. Huge fan either although it's a bit better than on the A7, it was just toooo loose and unresponsive
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4thrills
Congrats. Where are you located? CA central coast?
Thank you, I am located In Monterey CA
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Decim8r
BTW, a little background on that "True Market Value" cost. Seems like for years the car industry has caught wind that everyone knows about invoice pricing. So over the years they have been slowly phasing this practice out in favor of giving dealer incentive payments, like cars sold per month. These payments can exceed a million dollars a month for some dealers, but you will never see these factored into the "True Market Value" of the car because it is all based on "dealer invoices" which have been steadily increasing over the past 10 years. Meaning the gap between invoice price and MSRP is shrinking.
While it's true that Audi dealers can receive various incentive rebates for things like sales goal attainment, customer survey ratings, service dept. performance and the like, this has been true for many years; (note that Audi still does not participate in dealer "holdbacks" found on many other brands where a fixed percentage of invoice reduction is paid by individual car).

Also, the Audi gross margin of MSRP to invoice cost has not changed in some time - all Audis have had the same 7% GM since at least 2008 (when I bought my last A4) to today. I just checked my past 2001 and 2002 Audi purchase spreadsheets and do see there was a higher GM% back then (10% on base and 11% on options). So, I can conclude that Audi's GM% hasn't changed since between 2002 and 2008, at least 6 and as many as 12 years ago, well before True Car and others introduced "True Value" pricing online.

Nevertheless, I agree that car manufacturers and dealers have had to find new ways to maintain profits over the last few years due to a more price-aware consumer. Like all brick and mortar retailers, online sellers and readily available information has placed pressure on auto dealers to stay profitable and remain in business. Probably one reason service has gotten so expensive - car dealers need to make money somewhere in their operations.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
While it's true that Audi dealers can receive various incentive rebates for things like sales goal attainment, customer survey ratings, service dept. performance and the like, this has been true for many years; (note that Audi still does not participate in dealer "holdbacks" found on many other brands where a fixed percentage of invoice reduction is paid by individual car).

Also, the Audi gross margin of MSRP to invoice cost has not changed in some time - all Audis have had the same 7% GM since at least 2008 (when I bought my last A4) to today. I just checked my past 2001 and 2002 Audi purchase spreadsheets and do see there was a higher GM% back then (10% on base and 11% on options). So, I can conclude that Audi's GM% hasn't changed since between 2002 and 2008, at least 6 and as many as 12 years ago, well before True Car and others introduced "True Value" pricing online.

Nevertheless, I agree that car manufacturers and dealers have had to find new ways to maintain profits over the last few years due to a more price-aware consumer. Like all brick and mortar retailers, online sellers and readily available information has placed pressure on auto dealers to stay profitable and remain in business. Probably one reason service has gotten so expensive - car dealers need to make money somewhere in their operations.
From what I heard the dealerships make nothing really on new car sales...It's basically the service department that rakes in the cash. The old razor and blades model...Sell the razor at cost, make money on the blades...

Quick Reply: My new 14 S6 delivering today!