S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The Car Knows: Sunroof Stops Closing, EPC Light On Day of Service Appt

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Car Knows: Sunroof Stops Closing, EPC Light On Day of Service Appt

I had booked my 15k service a few weeks ago. On my way home from work yesterday, the sunroof stopped closing. I had it in the tilt position, and it was behaving as if there was some sort of "pinch protection" working: it would close about 1/2", then re-open again . Happened if I tried to pull the switch down (to close) or if I pulled the switch back toward me (to cause it to tilt closed, then slide open). Anyone know if the sunroof actually DOES have pinch protection? I shut off the car and restarted a few times, and it would always work correctly the FIRST time, but then stop closing if I opened it again.

My appointment was today, and on the way to the dealer this morning the EPC light comes on. No detected loss of power or stuttering. I shut the ignition off at a red light, then restarted it, and the light was gone, but the dealer's going to look at that, too.

I was so distracted by these new issues, I forgot to ask them again if there is a solution to the throttle lag issue (of course, I know there isn't).