S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Input on wheels for Silver S6

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lighter for sure. My 19s when they get brake dust all over really take away from the look.
The silver wheels with the silver paint looks great.
I think going with the dark matte is a mistake.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mattsam
Lighter for sure. My 19s when they get brake dust all over really take away from the look.
The silver wheels with the silver paint looks great.
I think going with the dark matte is a mistake.
I was just about to go with the dark but for some reason I still have some hesitation with them on a silver car. Overall I think they are better looking than the lighter wheels though. Time is running out before the temp drops so I am going to have to decide soon.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think either one will look good. They are nice wheels.

I know your struggle. I just chose some wheels over the summer and it was agonizing. They were very expensive and I wanted it to come out perfect. I have a phantom black car and I got satin black with polished lips. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I could have gone light with Brushed centers and polished lips and it would have looked good too.

As to the brake dust, the black wheels don't show it hardly at all. You can tell when they are really dirty but with the silver stock wheels, if I drove 30 miles I had to clean them.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Go with the silver and plastidip them darker. If you don't like it just peel off the plastidip. It's a win win :-)
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I think either one will look good. They are nice wheels.

As to the brake dust, the black wheels don't show it hardly at all. You can tell when they are really dirty but with the silver stock wheels, if I drove 30 miles I had to clean them.
I have the Ice silver, and yes the brake dust is tough. I just drove for business about 650 miles and 2 days of stop and go traffic. Not a drop of rain on my freshly washed and waxes S6 and the wheels are now "dark" with brake dust.
They really make the car look bad. Dark "bottom" of the car with cleaned washed paint, no doubt in my mind, looks bad.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In order to get a better idea of the look...I used the S8 configurator since you can get these style wheels with an S8...I think the Audi dark version is a little darker then the Hartmann replica but it's close.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ctdw
In order to get a better idea of the look...I used the S8 configurator since you can get these style wheels with an S8...I think the Audi dark version is a little darker then the Hartmann replica but it's close.

I ordered the darker set in matte. If you ship your tires direct to them they will mount and balance as part of the rim purchase.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CSCOKid
I ordered the darker set in matte. If you ship your tires direct to them they will mount and balance as part of the rim purchase.
I was planning on that, I did that for a set for my previous S4 and it worked well.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just FYI - clean your wheels - then use this stuff, it is AMAZING. I add a coat to the wheel every other month... or maybe every few washes and I NEVER have brake dust issues.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
Just FYI - clean your wheels - then use this stuff, it is AMAZING. I add a coat to the wheel every other month... or maybe every few washes and I NEVER have brake dust issues.
I use this also and it does help. I went ahead and ordered the dark rotor wheels for my winter set so it's a done deal.

Quick Reply: Input on wheels for Silver S6