S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

How rare is the S6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1546
I've seen 3 or 4 S6s in NJ. There are far fewer Priuses here than in CA. I think of my S6 as an anti-Prius.
I thank Prius owners for helping to offset my spectacularly high carbon footprint.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4thrills
Maybe they are the same ones? :-)

Where is your town? I live in the heart of Silicon Valley and every other car is a Prius and every fifth car is a Tesla.
Some could be the same car but not all - different colors. I'll have to be more observant and check their license plates. I'm not far from Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan CT. Lots of nice cars around.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carnuts3
Some could be the same car but not all - different colors. I'll have to be more observant and check their license plates. I'm not far from Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan CT. Lots of nice cars around.
Any chance that was you in a Phantom Black this past Saturday morning on I-84 outside Hartford?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there will be a disproportionately high number of S6s in the Northeast, especially MA, CT, NY, NJ. This tends to be a very affluent part of the country as a whole and the Northeast is a strong Audi foothold due to the weather.

Audi just isn't as popular in SoFlo or SoCal; arguably the two car mecca regions of the country. BMW and Merc dominate these regions. I know from the M3 forums. M3s are much rarer in the Northeast. They tend to be a "second car" up here since they are a high power RWD vehicle. Much more common in SoFlo and SoCal.

Still love the fact that the S6 is such a rare car. There are more Toyota Camrys sitting on one dealer lot in some dinky town than there are S6s in an entire state. My only problem is that I don't have mine yet!!! Scheduled to arrive in port in 2 days. Anyone know how long, on average, it takes to get to the dealer once it is in port?

Last edited by Vijay; 12-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine must have gone pretty much straight from the ship to the dealer as soon as it docked.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Spotted my first S6 yesterday in Beachwood (Cleveland). It was white with 20's. First one I've seen since purchasing mine in June. Also spotted one S7 a couple of weeks ago. Not too many around NE Ohio.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

3-4 here in Northern VA, with maybe 3 of those being near Audi of Chantilly, and the 4th at a Costco up the road.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Any chance that was you in a Phantom Black this past Saturday morning on I-84 outside Hartford?
No, but that's my color.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vijay
I think there will be a disproportionately high number of S6s in the Northeast, especially MA, CT, NY, NJ. This tends to be a very affluent part of the country as a whole and the Northeast is a strong Audi foothold due to the weather.

Audi just isn't as popular in SoFlo or SoCal; arguably the two car mecca regions of the country. BMW and Merc dominate these regions. I know from the M3 forums. M3s are much rarer in the Northeast. They tend to be a "second car" up here since they are a high power RWD vehicle. Much more common in SoFlo and SoCal.

Still love the fact that the S6 is such a rare car. There are more Toyota Camrys sitting on one dealer lot in some dinky town than there are S6s in an entire state. My only problem is that I don't have mine yet!!! Scheduled to arrive in port in 2 days. Anyone know how long, on average, it takes to get to the dealer once it is in port?
I'm in South Fl, and yes, the S6 is not as common here as in the northeast, but I am noticing that Audi in general has increased it's presence here in the past few years. A lot of my friends own BMW's but are seriously looking at Audi for a number of reasons. Audi is definitely changing peoples perceptions about luxury performance vehicles.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was in Miami a few months ago and I saw a S5, S7 and S8 in the same parking lot. That was the first S7 I had seen.

Quick Reply: How rare is the S6?