S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Delurker
I got A4 loaners the last couple of times I brought my S6 in, and I have to admit that while I like the A4 in general, I spent a lot of time waiting for something to happen when I mashed on the loud pedal.
Why don't you ask your dealership for a nicer loaner? I got some ****ty A4s in the past, but once I said I'd prefer something nicer, I've had a new A8 TDI each and every time.

Anyhow, brought my car in yesterday at 10am and it was done by 2pm. I asked about the power steering update and was told it was not applicable to my S6. Shrug.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sciblades
every one keeps getting nice loaners, I always get the crappy a4 or at best a 2.0 q5
I have been driving a frickin' Chrysler 300 for the past two weeks while my car is in the body shop getting a fix for the tire tread that hit me on the highway. THe Enterprise guy said "Well, we don't have any Audis, but I got you the closest thing we have."

The GOOD days are when my wife doesn't work and I can take her Q5.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I have been driving a frickin' Chrysler 300
Look at it this way. After driving an American car for a few weeks, you'll be extra-happy to have your Audi back.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by birdyA6
Why don't you ask your dealership for a nicer loaner? I got some ****ty A4s in the past, but once I said I'd prefer something nicer, I've had a new A8 TDI each and every time.

Anyhow, brought my car in yesterday at 10am and it was done by 2pm. I asked about the power steering update and was told it was not applicable to my S6. Shrug.
The loaners at my dealer go through the Enterprise agency that is attached to the dealership. I'm happy I get free transportation to work & back - it's only 30 miles round trip, so I'm not complaining. Like subterFUSE said, it just makes me appreciate my S6 all the more when I get it back (well, actually I start appreciating my S6 more as soon as I pick up my loaner).
Old 11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three times in 4 months

I've had my car in 3 times in the 4 months I've owned it. Once for tranny and steering TSBs, another time for a blown tire and dinged wheel (I had the tire/wheel warranty) and most recently for the recall. They took, 3, 2 and 6 days, respectively. I got an A4 loaner twice and an S4 (much better) this last time. The dealer is helpful and delivers a loaner as promised, but I am concerned about the out of pocket cost of future repairs given that it seems to take them forever. Is this a car that I should dump when the warranty expires? I know Audis are expensive to maintain but...I live in Central NJ. Where is the best shop for service? Am I likely to get a loaner from a dealer other than the one I bought the car from?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
I've had my car in 3 times in the 4 months I've owned it. Once for tranny and steering TSBs, another time for a blown tire and dinged wheel (I had the tire/wheel warranty) and most recently for the recall. They took, 3, 2 and 6 days, respectively. I got an A4 loaner twice and an S4 (much better) this last time. The dealer is helpful and delivers a loaner as promised, but I am concerned about the out of pocket cost of future repairs given that it seems to take them forever. Is this a car that I should dump when the warranty expires? I know Audis are expensive to maintain but...I live in Central NJ. Where is the best shop for service? Am I likely to get a loaner from a dealer other than the one I bought the car from?
I've had my car serviced at multiple dealers and never had a problem getting a loaner. As far as the warranty goes, I have the same concerns and will most likely purchase the extended warranty from the dealer. Peace of mind plus very decent price for what you get.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a good note at least I got a Q5 loaner...on a bad note they didn't have the parts for the recall and I may not get the car back until Thursday. What is the point of making an appointment if they aren't going to have the parts to perform the service?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Parts are three weeks out, according to my dealer. At least they checked on that before booking me in.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Had mine in yesterday for both the fuel line recall and steering. The car was there most of the day but I don't know when they actually got to it. I always check the odometer and it looks like they put just shy of 6 miles on it. I really need to get a vag com to check to see if launch control was used. I don't trust anyone.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deazy
Had mine in yesterday for both the fuel line recall and steering. The car was there most of the day but I don't know when they actually got to it. I always check the odometer and it looks like they put just shy of 6 miles on it. I really need to get a vag com to check to see if launch control was used. I don't trust anyone.
Dropped mine of yesterday for fuel line recall and all the updates plus I asked them to lower it. I'm not too worried about them launching it. My dealer also sells Ferrari, McLaren, Maserati, Porsche, and Astons. Not too worried about them taking a lowly S6 out for a joyride

Quick Reply: Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received