S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mupatree
For interest here is the work instruction link.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...V450-5847P.pdf
Seems quite a bit more involved than what I was expecting.

On a separate note, when I've had recalls done on a past BMW & Lexus, the dealer was instructed by the manufacturer to fill up the gas tank as a courtesy. Doesn't seem like Audi is going "above & beyond" here.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get the letter from Audi regarding the recall, but actually sent Audi USA a note about it and they promptly instructed me that a recall was out for the gas fuel line and that I should take it to the nearest dealer for replacement.

Oddly enough, when I scheduled the appointment they also mentioned a new software update for the steering wheel. I think I read somewhere before about the juttering issue, but have not experienced it at all.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 AM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

My dealer told me a couple of weeks ago my vin was not on the recall list. Well, I got my recall notice Monday and had it fixed this AM. They said the recall was expanded since I previously spoke with them. All's OK now - Hopefully no more recalls in our future.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I received the recall two days ago. However, thanks to the information on this site, I was able to bring the issue to the attention of my dealer in early October. I sent them a link to a thread on the site with the many concerned comments. They had to do some research, but found the recall information and ordered the parts. My car was fixed on October 9, 2013. The work took 2 hours.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default +1 props to this site

Originally Posted by FirstAudi2013
I received the recall two days ago. However, thanks to the information on this site, I was able to bring the issue to the attention of my dealer in early October. I sent them a link to a thread on the site with the many concerned comments. They had to do some research, but found the recall information and ordered the parts. My car was fixed on October 9, 2013. The work took 2 hours.
As I may have noted, I alerted my dealer upon reading the early leak posts...this put them a bit ahead of the game and they communicated immediately with AudiUSA. Although I have purchased 4 Audimobiles (plus her Allroad) from them, they seem to treat all their customers equally well, both in sales and service.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Going in this morning for the recall work + Steering control unit software update (48K8). Not 100% sure about 48k8 since I have not experienced any of the issues. Oh well.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Takes longer than indicated. S4 Impressions

When I phoned my dealer I was told that I could wait for the car to be serviced and that the fuel line recall repair would take about 2 hr. When I got there I was told that the last one they did took 4 hr and that they had an S4 loaner for me. I looked at the repair instructions and 4 hr certainly seems more reasonable. Given the repair requires chiseling away old parts and disassembling stuff to get to the fuel line, I hope that they do a good job.

The S4 is disappointing after owning an S6 for 4 months. its a bit too small - my left knee hits the door armrest. The ride leaves a lot to be desired - harsher than Dynamic in the S6. The motor and acceleration feels linear but not impressive - nor is the sound. It doesn't feel as fast as the car mags suggest. In addition, despite carbon atlas inserts, the dashboard looks cheap, especially the flimsy plastic part right above the speedo and tach. On the plus side, the seat is comfortable and the $800 optional B&O radio sounds pretty good - at least as good if not better than the standard Bose in the S6, which is no great accomplishment. The S4 is certainly more nimble than the S6 but I doubt it handles better across the board. The bottom line is that I would look elsewhere if I were spending around $50K+.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My car was fixed today. Dealer told me it would take 4-5 hours so I had a Q5 for a while. Glad to have the S6 back!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Luckily mine was done when I picked up my new S6 today.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up my 2014 S6 today, dealer ran vin and it came back clean. Checked under the hood and can see the new fuel line clamps are there. Mine was an early Oct. build.

Quick Reply: Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received