S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Extending thigh supports

Old 10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobC
Having lived with the comfort seats for a year, I absolutely would get them again, for both the ventilation and the massage. I have issues with my lower back so the lumbar massage gets used daily.
+1

While I loved the look of the diamond stitching, the massage, ventilation, and pneumatic functions of the comfort seats were worth sacrificing for pure asthetics. The adjustability of the comfort seats allows you to squeeze your body firmly in the seats for the most spirited driving. For some, the loss of the diamond stitching is a deal breaker. For me, the gains with the features f the comfort seats were a no brainier and I would get them again without hesitation. Well worth the $1900 IMHO.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Interesting. Would you mind sharing the procedure to make these changes? During my recent track day, I found that a bit more side support would be welcome.
Module 88 and 89. I believe under long coding is where you will see the duration and intensity of the massaging function. You will also see the intensity of the side bolsters. The maximum pressure I think was 650 so you don't want to go over 95% of that.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes to comfort seats. I am now 2" shorter and have spine implants (Note: stay away from football and helicopter misadventures), and she has herniated disks. We both love them. The diamond stitching is sexy, but sort of like ****...it does nothing for you, while the comforts seats do...
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrCondor
Yes to comfort seats. I am now 2" shorter and have spine implants (Note: stay away from football and helicopter misadventures), and she has herniated disks. We both love them. The diamond stitching is sexy, but sort of like ****...it does nothing for you, while the comforts seats do...
Ouch! I'll ask about the helo thing in a PM or OT forum. But thanks for the inputs, looks like the general consensus is the comfort seats are WELL worth the $.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Extended thig

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Looking at purchasing a new S6 to replace my M3, but I have a question on the seats. From what I've read the base A6 seats are pretty bad with very short seat bottoms. I'm actually interested in an S6 and wanted to verify that the base diamond quilt seats have extendable thigh supports. If so I'm guess they're manual like my B8 S4's were. Also, I'm considering the comfort seat upgrade. Does anyone know if those seats have extendable thigh supports? The pictures make it look like they don't. If they do, are they manual or electric? Seems like a small detail but seats make a big difference to me and I don't have a dealership nearby to check. Thank you!

Yes the S6 seat does cone with thigh extension as I have the same converted in my A6 avant and unfortunately its manual but does works well for leg support