S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)

Old 07-16-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need ECU code before fix

I was in the dealer today for a bent wheel and blown tire - the third in 12 mos but that's another story - covered by tire/wheel insurance. I aked for the update re lag and they said they would need a code before they would do it. I have a 2013 S6 buit in Feb of that year. They did do an AC pressure switch update, however.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, when my software was updated, the tech told me that it said that the update failed. But, he mentioned that the software version in my car was changed. He also mentioned that the updated software appeared to be an earlier version than I originally had, and therefore if there was any problem he could probably revert back to the way it was prior to the TSB update.

Clear as mud?

Once again, the TSB does not seem to refer to the throttle lag, but it fixes/minimizes it anyway. I had no codes, but I asked to have the software updated/regressed anyway, and I agreed to pay for it.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
Well I just got a call from the dealer and the said I have the latest software in my car and that that TSB only applies to 2013 models to bring it up to date with the MY14. Back to the drawing board I guess. Could this be true? The Audi tech service rep whatever advisor was there today and drove my car. Is it possible that the LAG I am experiencing is an improvement over last year? THAT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!!! Regardless, I couldn't pay them for any updates because they say I already have it.
This all depends on your build date, I'd guess. If this update wasn't released until 1/2014, then it seems likely that SOME 2014s were shipped with the earlier revision.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not that this will currently help but found it interesting for the future of Audi vehicles....

Goodbye turbo lag: Audi bringing electric turbos to production | Digital Trends
Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I asked the dealer to do what was done here--over a month ago. I haven't had the throttle lag issue since the updates, but I also couldn't reproduce it on demand before-hand either. So it's possible it's gone, or that I just haven't had it happen again yet.

Dealer was happy to do it if the numbers fell in line with what they could update --and they did. The service manager was also wanted me to let him know if it fixed the issue. So, I'll give them the 'it fixed it' since it hasn't done it since my last appt.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
I asked the dealer to do what was done here--over a month ago. I haven't had the throttle lag issue since the updates, but I also couldn't reproduce it on demand before-hand either. So it's possible it's gone, or that I just haven't had it happen again yet.

Dealer was happy to do it if the numbers fell in line with what they could update --and they did. The service manager was also wanted me to let him know if it fixed the issue. So, I'll give them the 'it fixed it' since it hasn't done it since my last appt.
I had this done about a month ago as well on my '13 S6 and my experience mirrors yours. I couldn't produce it on demand, but haven't seen it happen once since the update was performed.

On the work order, the dealer did state that they found the required error codes.

I'm happy to say that with this update to my two-year-old car, the issue has finally been addressed to my satisfaction.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had some updates done last week. When I told the tech (who is very cool with me) bout the the stuff in this thread, he said that the number that i gave him was a previous version and took my car all the way to engine software version 8 when I had 2 prior and he updated the tranny as well which was just a couple numbers up.

The car runs and shifts much better and I believe that the lag is indeed gone. I feather the throttle under many circumstances that would have exposed the lag before and I can feel instant response.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thelionsden
I had some updates done last week. When I told the tech (who is very cool with me) bout the the stuff in this thread, he said that the number that i gave him was a previous version and took my car all the way to engine software version 8 when I had 2 prior and he updated the tranny as well which was just a couple numbers up.

The car runs and shifts much better and I believe that the lag is indeed gone. I feather the throttle under many circumstances that would have exposed the lag before and I can feel instant response.
What year is your S6? I have a 2014 that has the lag but the dealer says everything is up to date.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyG0925
What year is your S6? I have a 2014 that has the lag but the dealer says everything is up to date.

I haven't really driven it that much, so maybe it is just wishful thinking, but overall the car drives much better than it did. if I get a repeat of the lag feeling, I will report back
Old 11-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyG0925

same here (Stevens Creek Audi San Jose); but it definitely has it and every review of this car mentions it; Unbelievable that there has been no fix for this from Audi

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)