S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cagambler
Please provide the update numbers from the dealer invoice, if possible.
I rang the dealer to try get this so i could add it to the post as they haven't given me a receipt yet but he would only give the description. I don't have the paperwork yet as they have kept my job card open until they fix the rear valance rattle which they are waiting on parts. I will update as soon as I have more info.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an appointment with the service rep for AoA on Wednesday to replicate the LAG. I have to say I'm pissed off about it though because my car was already there for a whole day to get this handled and they wouldn't do it. Now I have to reschedule because I can't make the original appointment but I feel like saying it's too dangerous to try to replicate the issue and I want my car updated.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I brought my car in last Thursday and after driving it all this weekend I can confirm that the lag is essentially gone. They said the TSB doesn't apply to my VIN but they called Audi TAC (Technical Assistance Center?) and was told to apply software update 24702599. This update, plus the other one that fixed the harsh downshifts in sport mode, have now made this car perfect.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I rang the dealer again to try determine the two updates codes that were done on my car as it appears to have fixed the throttle lag. One update was an older recall for the steering weight (I asked for a tsb number and was told recall 48k8)? I was told the engine/transmission shift update was not a recall and had no code but they contacted and connected my car to Audi h/office and addressed my concern of the throttle lag and resulting 2 near accidents. Sorry but that's all I got and I don't have the paperwork until they close my job sheet at the end of the month (waiting for a special key from Germany so they can fix the squeeling brakes).
Old 07-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I've had the update!

Add me to the list of people who have had the update. It worked! The lag is essentially gone.

I brought the car in about a week and a half ago and left it with the service department. I told them I didn't want it back until the lag was fixed or I was selling the car.

When I dropped the car off, I gave them all the information regarding the TSB 2035235/2. My car's vin indicated that the TSB did not apply to my car, so they would/could not update the software.

First they checked for all faults and didn't find anything. Then they took a couple days to arrange to do a transmission adaptation drive. That didn't work. Then they contacted the tech line for advice. A TQM from Audi came to drive the vehicle. He said it was fine and that's how they drive.

I don't blame my service department. They are excellent. I have a great relationship with them and the shop foreman is awesome. But, his hands were tied regarding the update and he couldn't think of what could be causing the lag.

So, I just said I wanted the update done anyway, regardless of whether it was for my vin or not, and I would pay for it ($131). I think he called the tech line and basically got permission to install the update. They installed the update. The car is fixed. Maybe it's not perfect, but it's close, and it's good enough for me. The car is transformed. I still have the jerky downshifts from 3rd and 2nd, but I can live with that.

So, even if the TSB isn't for your vin, just install it anyway if you have any throttle lag.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

My appointment is on Wednesday. I have been really pushing the dealer to do this and the service department is in the same boat. The tech rep is going to be there so I'll have to explicate the problem. I told them if the tech rep doesn't know about the issue then AoA is lying to him and I'm going to leave the car an refuse to pick it up until it's done. I'll pay for it, just give me the update already! What a pain.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I spoke to my SA who said the same thing: If my car didn't show codes p00800 (fuel RAIL/SYSTEM pressure to high) or p01c900 (fuel rail/system bank2 too high), then Audi wouldn't pay them to flash the software for TSB 203525/2. They offered to flash it if I paid $136. Gonna do this soon.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 07-14-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well I just got a call from the dealer and the said I have the latest software in my car and that that TSB only applies to 2013 models to bring it up to date with the MY14. Back to the drawing board I guess. Could this be true? The Audi tech service rep whatever advisor was there today and drove my car. Is it possible that the LAG I am experiencing is an improvement over last year? THAT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!!! Regardless, I couldn't pay them for any updates because they say I already have it.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
Well I just got a call from the dealer and the said I have the latest software in my car and that that TSB only applies to 2013 models to bring it up to date with the MY14. Back to the drawing board I guess. Could this be true? The Audi tech service rep whatever advisor was there today and drove my car. Is it possible that the LAG I am experiencing is an improvement over last year? THAT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!!! Regardless, I couldn't pay them for any updates because they say I already have it.
Funny you should post this because I was at the dealer earlier today and was told the exact same thing. The software in my car was version E and the update related to the TSB was intended for software version B which is on 2013 models only.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
The software in my car was version E and the update related to the TSB was intended for software version B which is on 2013 models only.
What's interesting is that nobbyv's ECU is rev B *after* the update:
Code:
Part No SW: 4G0 906 014 B HW: 4H0 906 014
Maybe we're looking for a TCU recoding not an ECU recoding???

I know I sound like a broken record, but we need an Auto-scan from before the update and after...

May I make a suggestion? All the folks with "lag" please code your TCUs to show the selected gear in the instrument cluster. I've found knowing what gear the car is *ACTUALLY* in to be incredibly educational....

Quick Reply: The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)