S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Malibu, there are all sorts of codes that can be set, some soft, some hard. And not all turn on the MIL, so it might be worth doing a quick scan.

I have to add that this is potentially exciting news. The throttle lag on my A4 2.0T is dreadful. It really spoils an otherwise great car.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found what I believe are the details for this bulletin on the NHTSA Safecar.gov site:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...nK!-2015685618

Service Bulletin No.: TSB-01-13-36
Component(s): ENGINE , FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE NHTSA ID Number: 10054273

Manufacturer: Volkswagen of America, Inc.

SUMMARY:
AUDI: SOME VEHICLES ENGINE WARNING LIGHT SPORADICALLY ILLUMINATES, WOULD HAVE REDUCED PERFORMANCE WITHOUT LOSS OF POWER/STALLING OR NOISE COMING FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT DUE TO LOW SYSTEM VOLTAGE, AND NOT ENOUGH ON/OFF RATIO TO KEEP FUEL METERING VALVE CONSTANT IN ALL AREAS, THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE NEED TO BE UPDATED. MODEL 2013-2014 S6, S7, A8, S8. *PE
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just wanted to clarify that I am now fully convinced this TSB corrects the hesitation issue. I've now driven through several areas that tended to cause the hesitation (closely spaced, quick-changing traffic lights) multiple times, and have felt no sign of it.

Get it done!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Never Seen the Light!

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
I have one but since I have never seen the engine light I have to assume the fault code isn't present. i am being up front with them and I will see where that gets me.
I have never had the light flash so I presume there is no error code. However, I have experienced the lag phenomenon. Any luck in getting this TSB done in the absence of the light signal? Please let us know as this will provide leverage for the rest of us. My dealer has been good about TSBs in the past.
Thanks.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have major throttle lag to the poj t where I almost got into a major accident crossing traffic. I am a few thousand miles from the 15k service. I will push them on it to the point where I won't pick up the car until its done. This is a MAJOR safety issue.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did the dealer do it?

Originally Posted by ccap
I also have major throttle lag to the poj t where I almost got into a major accident crossing traffic. I am a few thousand miles from the 15k service. I will push them on it to the point where I won't pick up the car until its done. This is a MAJOR safety issue.
Does your ESC light ever go on? Mine doesn't but I have the dreaded lag occasionally. Did your dealer do it and did it make a difference? Thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1546

Does your ESC light ever go on? Mine doesn't but I have the dreaded lag occasionally. Did your dealer do it and did it make a difference? Thanks
My light has never come on. The lag is there to the point where I have to think ahead on driving conditions and think can I take that turn without getting killed? Most of the time I wait because I don't trust the car.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ccap
My light has never come on. The lag is there to the point where I have to think ahead on driving conditions and think can I take that turn without getting killed? Most of the time I wait because I don't trust the car.
Oh man, that is exactly how I feel. The car is perfect in so many ways, but this lag is going to kill someone eventually. I hate braking for a quick right-hand turn and having the car coast for two seconds before it decides to accept the fact that I'm pressing on the throttle. Ruins the whole experience.

I've nearly sold the car half a dozen times, but I keep talking myself into keeping it and modifying how I drive it. It's so good in so many ways and I have no guarantee that whatever I buy to replace it is going to work any better since I hear that some other cars have the same problem.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SMK_RS4
Oh man, that is exactly how I feel. The car is perfect in so many ways, but this lag is going to kill someone eventually. I hate braking for a quick right-hand turn and having the car coast for two seconds before it decides to accept the fact that I'm pressing on the throttle. Ruins the whole experience.

I've nearly sold the car half a dozen times, but I keep talking myself into keeping it and modifying how I drive it. It's so good in so many ways and I have no guarantee that whatever I buy to replace it is going to work any better since I hear that some other cars have the same problem.
Get the update done! By polite but insistent with your dealer. I too was contemplating selling, but now it's like a whole new car.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I recently took my S6 to the track where they had a wet figure 8 set up to test under/oversteer.

When ESP was on I noticed after a hard brake and turn in I would get on the gas and there would be a delay.

I then tried it with ESP offer and the delay was gone. Perhaps its not related.

Quick Reply: The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)