S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahs911
Yes, the dealer would not do it. They told me that the TSB did not apply to my car (2013 S6) and the TSB was incompatible. I going to ask the dealer to call Audi Technical assistance to try to follow up on the issue. Any other suggestions?
Your best bet may be to see if someone local has a VCDS and can verify what SW/HW revs of the engine ECU you have. I haven't seen a 2013 yet that shouldn't be covered by this TSB, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

If in fact your car IS covered by the TSB, you may need to try a new dealer.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bostoncrna
Now I'm worried!

I'm bringing my 2013 S6 into the dealer for the 15K service. I Have already given them the heads up about the issue and about the "TSB" fix. Any info that anyone really wants? I'll ask for codes and the like if there are still any questions.

J-
Saw your IM first, so already recommended this. Hopefully, they'll just apply the TSB and you'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by RobC
I had my car in for its 25K service and mentioned I wanted TSB 2035235/2 applied to fix throttle lag issues. The status on the receipt was that the TSB was not applied because it would not be covered under warranty because I'm tuned. Also mentions that it may overwrite any aftermarket ECM modification (not a problem for me if true).

I guess next time I'll just offer to pay the labor rate to get the TSB done.
Sounds like BS from your dealer to me, but I guess it depends on how far you want to push it. Unfortunately, in the end, paying the ~$100-150 to have it done may just be easier.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd advise anyone who wants this done to bring the receipt that Maher posted which specifies the TSBs to the dealer with them. It describes the issue well, and establishes that other dealers have applied the TSB to this diagnosis. Also, it's my understanding that my dealer was able to confirm on the Audi database that the TSB would resolve the throttle lag issue. I would also make it clear that you have researched the issue, that it has been reported by a number of other owners, and that based on this forum (yes, cite to the Audiworld forum) the TSBs have resolved the issue for other users. If the dealer still won't apply the TSB, especially if you offer to pay, I'd look for a new service department to work with, since a dealer ignoring that this TSB works based on the experiences here, is like arguing over whether Ken Block's tires are bald after he films a Gymkhana.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I gave my dealer the TSB and the receipt and was still advised that the TSB did not apply. I asked that the issue be escalated and I have not received a response.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to maherladki's attached bill with the TSB number. I gave my service manager the bill and told him that I exactly have the same problem. He is not only did TSB 2035235/2 but also bunch of others. Attached the paperwork.
I am 100% sure that the throttle lag is gone and the transmission shifts much more faster to lower gears even in Auto mode. The car now is more fun to drive.
I am not sure if there is any update done for the steering too as it now weights right at high speeds.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is your car a 2014?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
Is your car a 2014?
Its an early 2013 built
Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I received a recall letter last week regarding Service Action 17F2 (oil filter bypass valve may not be present of be incorrectly installed). They slotted me in for yesterday and I took the opportunity to bring up the hesitation again, this time bringing in a copy of the TSB.

I went for a drive with the service head and he agreed that there was a hesitation. They applied the 2035235/2 update and, as far as I can tell, the car is much more responsive. It snowed again last night and the roads are crappy, so I'll have to drive it some more in better conditions to be sure.

As an aside, they checked my bypass valve and it was present and correctly installed from the factory. I got a fresh oil filter for my trouble.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go next Monday with the same software update request...as well as a couple of other things...wish me luck...and I am willing to pay for the update if they give me that pushback...early 2013 as well.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone with a 2014 been successful in getting the TSB applied? If so, what was the result?

Quick Reply: The DEFINITIVE Definitive Word on the Throttle Lag Issue(?)