S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Comfort seating package

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In addition, air is pulled *into* the seat, pulling hot air away from your body, which I think is more effective than blowing outwards into your clothing.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
That's essentially what they do, but so what? They're ventilated, not air conditioned seats. They function the same way as a fan does on a hot day - allowing perspiration to dry and thereby cooling your skin. Just like a fan (which also blows ambient-temperature air), they work well to keep you feeling cool.
Get a smarter salesperson! The uncomfortable feeling of sitting on a hot seat, which could be very hot because of the sun, is that moisture (sweat) accumulates between your body and the seat. The comfort seats fix this by dispelling moisture, making it feel much cooler than the rest of the car. I really like mine in the summer, and I even like the massager and extra adjustments.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1546
Get a smarter salesperson! The uncomfortable feeling of sitting on a hot seat, which could be very hot because of the sun, is that moisture (sweat) accumulates between your body and the seat. The comfort seats fix this by dispelling moisture, making it feel much cooler than the rest of the car. I really like mine in the summer, and I even like the massager and extra adjustments.
Isn't that exactly what deerhunter said?

I think we're all in agreement here that the comfort seats work awesome.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Isn't that exactly what deerhunter said?

I think we're all in agreement here that the comfort seats work awesome.
The point deserves reiteration. Two testimonies are better than one
Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i'm also a bit worried about the reliability of the messaging function. that function is extra moving parts and motors. If it breaks, it is surely expensive to fix. thoughts???
Old 03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default seats

Originally Posted by kwas911
i'm also a bit worried about the reliability of the messaging function. that function is extra moving parts and motors. If it breaks, it is surely expensive to fix. thoughts???
Audi changed transaxles at Lemans in 7 minutes...I wouldn't worry about the design and reliability of a few little whirly-bits in these wonderful seats. Just enjoy.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kwas911
Every single thing on these cars is expensive to fix, enjoy the comfortable seats and save yer pennies for post-warranty.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I drove an S6 with comfort seats before buying my car last July (DC area), I couldn't tell the ventilation was doing anything or keeping me any cooler... so I wound up going with the standard seat. I guess its another case of YMMV.

The stitching in the standard seat never fails to draw a 'wow' the first time anyone gets in my car though.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default did you check to see that the cooling was on?

Originally Posted by S6NOVA
I drove an S6 with comfort seats before buying my car last July (DC area), I couldn't tell the ventilation was doing anything or keeping me any cooler... so I wound up going with the standard seat. I guess its another case of YMMV.

The stitching in the standard seat never fails to draw a 'wow' the first time anyone gets in my car though.
Also, there are settings, like the heated seats.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DD1546
Also, there are settings, like the heated seats.
You mean were they turned on? With the button? Duh....

Quick Reply: Comfort seating package